22| Ladies Night

"So... what happened?" I asked as I approached a blubbering Hannah.

"Drayden's an asshole," she cried, "He made out with another girl last night."

"Oh no... did you see him?" I asked, handing her a tissue from the box on my desk.

She shook her head, "No, but one of the girls at the frat told me they saw him last night. When I confronted him, he just got angry with me for not respecting his privacy."

I let out a sigh, "Hannah... you could do so much better than him. Seriously, I didn't like the way he treated you the other night at the movies."

"What do you mean?" She asked, wiping a tear away from her eyes.

I cocked an eyebrow, sitting beside her on our futon. "I know you know exactly what I mean. You've been avoiding me."

She let out a small chuckle, gathering some of her blonde locks in her hands and twisting them around her fingers. "I haven't been trying to avoid you. But... I do know what you mean. He's not always like that, though. Most of the time he's really sweet."

"Maybe, but he shouldn't be laying a hand on you ever. He may not have hit you, but he was controlling and I didn't like the way he grabbed you. And, even now, he's mad at you for not minding your own business, but he's the one who screwed up. Not you."

She nodded her head, sniffling. "You're right. I know you're right, but it doesn't make it any easier.

"I know," I said, placing a palm on her knee. "I'm sorry. How can I help?"

She sniffled again, wiping the tears from her eyes one more time as she stood from the futon. "You can help by distracting me."

I watched as she made her way to our mini fridge, pulling out a bottle of peach Amsterdam and the 2 liter bottle of Sprite that's been in there for a month. "Let's get ready," she said, pressing the bottle of vodka to her lips and taking a large swig. She followed up quickly with a pull from the Sprite.

"Yuck," she said with a grimace. "Your turn."

I hesitated for a second. Last time I took pulls right from a bottle I ended up sitting in some perv's lap, vomiting all over the sidewalk, and asking my bodyguard to help me change. But, I knew better this time. Tonight would be different because Hannah needed me, and I had no intention of lying to Jax. Besides, I knew Jax would get Hannah and I back safely if either of us got too drunk.

When my inner monologue concluded, I grabbed the bottle, pressing it to my lips and letting the peach vodka slide down my throat. Grimacing, I followed it up quickly with the semi-flat Sprite.

"Yuck," I agreed.

The two of us continued to take intermittent pulls from the bottle as we got ready. When we were finished, I had my blonde hair pin-straight, and Hannah had her big curls tied into a loose side braid. When she was finished, she slipped into a tight black dress that barely covered her ass.

"Nice," I commented, "You look hot."

She smiled, stumbling over to her closet and throwing a white mini-skirt at me with a matching white bodysuit. "Not as hot as you're gonna look in this!"

Normally, I would have objected to such a fancy outfit, but tonight was about Hannah. If she was going to be overdressed to a house party, then I would be too.

"Okay. I think I'm ready to go out," Hannah said, giving herself another once-over in the mirror. "Let's go to the bar."

"What?" I asked, taken off guard. "I thought we were going to a house party?"