33| Halloweekend (pt. 2)

"Hey, Blake!" Yet another man called out as the 4 of us entered the party.

The townhouse was about a 5-minute walk from our dorms, and the stuffy temperature inside was a welcomed reprieve from the brisk, October night air.

Jax had kept a strong arm draped around me to try and keep me warm on our way over, but he had since shifted so that he was holding my hand as we pushed our way through a crowd of dancing bodies.

"Hey, man!" Blake replied, grabbing the hand of another "Man in Black." My eyes widened as I looked up at the man. Jax was a huge guy packed with muscle, but even he looked sort of small compared to the towering bodies of Blake's basketball friends.

The man swung his gaze to mine. "Jimmy Mackelroy and Chaz Michael Michael's?"

I smiled, giving him a nod.

"Respect," he said, holding up a hand for a high-five.

I had to extend to my tip-toes just to reach. I liked Blake's friends. They had all been really nice to us so far.

"See?" I said, turning my attention to Jax, "told you these costumes would be a hit!"

He smirked, leaning close to my ear. "Did you want to get a drink?"

I shook my head. I was still feeling pretty drunk from the pregame, and I didn't feel the need to drink any more than I already had; at least not yet. I wanted to remember this night.

"Will you dance with me?" I asked.

Jax shook his head. "I don't really dance."

I frowned. I had expected this answer, but that didn't change the fact that I wanted to dance with him. Maybe if he got jealous enough, he would join me?

I turned my attention to Hannah. "Will you dance with me?"

She nodded, her eyes bright. "Of course! Lead the way."

I casted one more look at Jax before grabbing Hannah's hand and pulling her into the crowd of people.

This townhouse wasn't very spacious, so though there weren't too many people here, the dance floor felt packed. There was no DJ, but large speakers were playing loud house music.

Hannah and I pushed our way into the crowd, soaking in all the costumes as we passed. There were people dressed as hippies, Flinstones, and various animals, and I even saw one man dressed up like a pickle. I couldn't help but wonder if he was hot in that costume, as the temperature increased the further we pushed into the crowd.

I could feel the wooden floors vibrating beneath my feet as the music thumped, and Hannah and I began to move our bodies.

I liked dancing. I wasn't good at it by any means, but it was fun to get out and move around in such a freeing way. A few minutes later, Blake joined us, and it didn't take long for Hannah to spin, locking her arms around his neck as the two of them proceeded to dance together.

Well, that didn't last long, I thought to myself. I wanted to be bitter about losing my dance buddy, but I couldn't be. With everything that happened with Drayden, Hannah deserved a good guy like Blake.

I was about to leave to give them privacy when I felt two large hands on my waist. For a moment, I thought it was Jax, but judging by the height of the person, I knew it wasn't.

I spun around, noting that it was just Blake's friend who had high-fived me earlier, who's name I had found out to be Kyle.

"Mind if I dance with you?" Kyle asked, leaning down so that I could hear him over the music.

I looked to my right, noticing that Jax was leaning up against a wall, watching me with intense focus.

I had two options here— say no and go spend time with Jax, or, do what I said I was gonna do, and try and make Jax jealous.

I probably should have chosen option one, but the temptation was too great. If Jax wasn't going to dance with me, there was someone else who would. Besides, Jax and I couldn't be together; we just couldn't. So, why would I deny this tall, charming guy of a dance?

I smiled up at Kyle, spinning in his arms so that he was holding me; my back pressed to his front. He wasn't a great dancer either, so I was struggling to match his rhythm at first, but he was huge and strong; his large hands easily guiding my hips as we fell into sync.

We danced together like this for a while, and I kept up the movement while his hands began to wander, dropping from my hips to the outsides of my thighs, creeping slowly along as they moved inward towards my...

"Mind if I cut in?" A melodious voice boomed from somewhere behind me.

Kyle's grip on my thighs immediately released, and I turned around to find an irritated-looking Jaxon addressing us.

Kyle was polite, and he just nodded at Jax before shooting a smile my way. He leaned in again, placing a kiss on my cheek before thanking me for the dance; and then he walked away like a perfect gentleman.

My cheeks were flushed as I turned to face off with Jax. "Oh," I said, "did you want to dance with me now?"

He moved forward, grabbing me around the waist and pulling me to him as we began moving to the music. "What are you trying to do?" He growled.

"I'm not sure what you mean," I said, leaning into him so I could push myself closer to his ear.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" He asked, fixing his intimidating ice-blue eyes on mine.

I met his gaze, refusing to back down. "That depends. Is it working?"

"Well, I'm here, aren't I?" He replied, spinning me around before dipping me.

I smiled up at him as he supported my weight. This was dangerous; we were playing with fire, and yet, I couldn't stop.

He pulled me back up and I turned around, pushing my body against his as I swayed to the beat. I brought my arm up, reaching behind me to cup my hand around his neck. His hands stayed firmly planted on my hips as he moved with me. This was nice, but I wanted more.

I spun again, facing him now, wrapping my arms around his neck. It was hot in here, and I could feel the heat and sweat on his skin as we continued to move. I pressed myself closer, making a point to shove my chest against his. His breathing increased, and I could sense the internal struggle he was having.

Normally, I would have taken pity on him... but not tonight. I wanted him. I wanted his lips on mine.

I released one of my hands from his neck, dragging it slowly down his muscled chest. I paused for a moment before moving my hand onto one of his, which was still on my waist. Feeling bold and determined, I slowly guided his hand, placing it on my spandex-clad ass.

His breath hitched. "We can't," he said, his voice gruff.

I ignored him, returning my hand to his neck and weaving it up through his thick hair, giving it a small tug.

This was it. I could do this.

I stood up on my toes, locking my gaze on his. I wasn't asking for his permission, but I needed to know he wasn't going to pull away either. He looked resigned, and I knew he couldn't resist me anymore either.

I was about to make my move...

But that's when Hannah found us.

"Sky!" She called.

Jax removed his hand from my ass so fast it may as well have electrocuted him.

"Drayden is here! We need to leave."

And just like that, I missed my chance... again.