Jungkook & Daughter

This is for Bestofme613;

Beatrice woke up and looked at the clock. She couldn't tell the time, of course she couldn't she was only three but she knew this is what grownups do when they wake up. She gave a little yawn followed by a huff. Silence reigned across the small two-bedroom house.

"Dada?" Beatrice called gently but the silence remained. She threw her arms to the side and grabbed her baby blanket before sliding off the bed landing with a thud, before gently pulling the door open. Jungkook never shut her door but he always pulled it too, just enough to let a little light in at night. He always left the landing light on as his little girl was a bit scared of the dark, even though she would never admit it. She was three but fierce and would never admit to being afraid of the dark. She wanted to be a big girl after all.

Beatrice pulled the door open with a loud creak into the quiet, stillness before her and padded across the plush carpet, enjoying the way it felt on her small bare feet, the soft pile tickling her toes. She smiled happily, harshly brushing her masses of black hair out of her face as she walked past the small bathroom and to Jungkooks room.

He was a light sleeper and was instantly alerted when a gentle swoosh sounded signalling Beatrice was awake. He cracked one eye open a tiny bit to see her peeping her little head around to see if he was awake. He quickly shut his eye when she started to tiptoe her way in, listening to her footsteps getting closer and closer.

Just when she was a few feet away he sat up with a loud boo.
"DADA!"Beatrice scolded jumping backwards with a screech as she clutched the blanket, looking at her dad in utter disgust at his prank. Jungkook grinned happily as he gave a huge stretch and pulled the covers off sitting on the edge of the bed as Beatrice clung to him happily.

"Is it time for breakfast?!" She asked happily and he chuckled as he stood up taking her hand, stifling a yawn as he nodded, thinking about how much she was like her mother. Beatrice looked exactly like her mum who died during childbirth and since it had been just the two of them he'd been fiercely protective of her. Fretting over every little thing and he was dreading today. It was time for her pre-school immunisations. 

Jungkook felt a pang of guilt as he sat Beatrice on his lap on the sofa where they ate toast together talking in a carefree about Beatrice's favourite programme, Fifi and the flower tots. The poor little angel was totally unaware of her impending doom and just the thought of what she was about to go through made Jungkook's chest ache.
"Dada. That was nice of Fifi wasn't it?" Beatrice asked through a mouthful of toast and Jungkook smiled to himself.
"Don't talk with your mouthful, and yes it was wasn't it? It's important to be kind to your friends. I think Fifi knows that don't you?" He asked gently pulling her hair off her shoulders so it tumbled down her back as she babbled on about the programme.

It was a while later when Jungkook had dressed Beatrice and she was ready to leave the house.
"Where we going dada?" She asked happily jumping into her car seat as he plugged her in.
"Nowhere exciting Bee. Just to the doctors." Jungkook replied nervously. 

Thankfully Beatrice was a good kid and didn't really question it. She just happily settled into her chair, pulling her car toy with the steering wheel attached closer, so she could copy her dada and drive. Jungkook smiled across asking if she was ready. Beatrice gave a carefree nod and they set off.

It didn't take long to reach her GP surgery and he swiftly pulled the car into a space, carrying her on his hip across the carpark and into reception. He smiled at the receptionist.
"Beatrice Jeon. She has an appointment with the nurse."
"Take a seat please sir." The receptionist smiled, gesturing to the waiting area with her hand.

Beatrice didn't mind being at the doctor's. Her dad was here with her a lot as every time she coughed or had an ache her worrisome dad would always bring her here. She liked the books they had here though so that was a plus. She sat on the floor and dug through the book and toy box. finding some beads on a wire that were like a little rollercoaster. Thoroughly enjoying herself she was sad when Jungkook took her tiny hand as her name was called.

As they followed the nurse lady Beatrice looked up to her dada. It was a long way up from her line of vision to his face. She always thought he seemed like a giant, his head was so far up it looked like it could touch the clouds! She giggled to herself at the thought and noticed that he looked down at her with a smile, his eyes filled with love, affection and admiration. She truly was such a happy child.

Jungkook was nervous as he entered the nurse's office and sat on a chair scooping Beatrice onto his lap as she paid zero attention to his chatter.
"And it won't hurt Bee?" He asked the nurse for the millionth time.
"No. It'll be just a small scratch and it'll be over with." The nurse smiled, reassuring the parents was common, but this man was beyond worried over his daughter.

"And it won't take long? Bee won't be sat here for a long time?" He fired more questions and the nurse answered them all politely. Eventually, Jungkook rolled Beatrice's sleeve up like her was asked and swallowed a lump in his throat. He was almost on the verge of tears as he knew she'd get upset eventually. 
"Ready Bee?" He asked gently kissing her cheek and Beatrice nodded, a worried look on her face at the approaching needle.

As soon as the sharp scratch happened Jungkook's heart clenched as Beatrice let out a loud sob.
"Dada! H-hurts!" She cried as the needle was removed and a plaster placed over the little pinprick. Jungkook swallowed and blinked repeatedly so as not to cry himself. He always hated it when his precious little Bee cried.
"I know Bee. C'mon sweetheart, you're all done." He said with a forced smile standing up with her koala'd to his front sobbing.
"Well done sweetheart. And well-done dad." The nurse joked sensing his distress and he gave her a sheepish smile as he left the room after the nurse informed him that the jab might make her sleepy for a day or so and seem a bit under the weather.

It wasn't long before Jungkook got Beatrice home. She'd fallen asleep in the car and was still sleepy when he lifted her out.
"Sleeepy dada." She mumbled and he kissed her head.
"I know sweetheart." He replied nudging the door shut with his hip and using one hand to open the front door.

He carried the sleepy little princess up to his bed where he laid down with her for a nap, both on their sides facing each other as he little hand found his and she fell asleep with a smile. And that's where he stayed with her for the next two hours until she was ready to wake up, her tiny hand clutching his as she snored gently.