Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

Orman jumped off the side, using the fence surrounding the arena as a brace. She walked up towards us,

"Esma Orman Ocbedh eichiejcbak, fy whaidbu ehfbieqwih fhiehd yiebd." She bowed her head,

"Poihhla winde giury, buenajas," Maddox replied kindly, 

Maddox then pulled me closer, "Thank you for this opportunity, I told her that the win was well deserved. All Verena will say next is to shift and take place in the arena. The the rules and cue to commence."

She took the cue and walked off, sitting back down on the bench where everyone else was sitting. I spared another glance towards Verena's mate. If it was even possible, he looked even more nervous then before.

Verena didn't hesitate, "Dayholt, Findley, Hisro ui opero fonder."

The two men that I had chosen stood up and without a second thought, their bodies morphed back into their wolf forms. On instinct, I felt my grip on Maddox's hand tighten. It was only for a moment before my grip released itself.

There was nothing to be scared about.

Their wolves prowled up the stairs into the arena, before someone came scurrying in behind them to seal off their entranceway.

"Poi hille foed coeiame bodeos ILPODA" Verena barked, "iebrud woeudb skaqobhd... JAWDBEI"

They sprung into action, this battle being much more gruesome than the last.

I saw blood within the first two seconds.

These wolves had no hesitation in ripping each other to pieces. Loud snarls filled the arena as they sunk their razor-sharp canines into each others flesh.

The blonde wolf sunk his teeth into the brown wolf's shoulder, with the brown wolf began to leave deep, heavy scratches on the blonde wolfs shoulder with his claws. It was loud and messy but finished much sooner then I had anticipated. Within the second, the blonde wolf was flipped onto its belly, the brown wolf's claws landing dangerously before beginning to shred the skin underneath.

The blonde wolf surrendered immediately, letting out a degrading whine.

The brown wolf stood up proudly, trotting off the arena floor before shifting back mid-step. My gaze immediately moved to the ceiling. I noticed two people run into the room wearing completely white clothes, each of them holding onto a side of a stretcher. They pulled the blonde wolf off the blood-covered floor and onto the stretcher. They quickly escorted him out of the room, I would guess they headed to the infirmary.

The man walked up to us and bowed deeply,

He said no words, talking freely through the position of his pose. He straightened his back before heading to the bench, where he received a warm welcome from Esma.

Verena spared us a glance, "His name is Nolen Dayholt. He isn't much of a talker,"

"That's no problem, shall we begin the final battle?" Maddox suggested,

Verena paused, "Perhaps we can skip over our human duel, to save time?"

"No," Maddox said sharply, "I need to watch all three to give a proper evaluation."

"Perhaps we could reevaluate? Your selected humans will not show you much promise-"

"We're quite happy with our selection Verena," I interrupted, "Call them over."

Her lips formed into a straight line, clearly she knew that there was nothing she could do.

"Wilde, Merker," She shouted, gesturing to the arena.