(28): nonsense

You don't know how you got here. The breeze flows through your hair as hold the delicate red head in your arms. He clings to you as if you'll leave. His tear stained cheeks are bright red. Eyes puffy from crying. You just hold him, calming him down best you can.
It all feels like a dream...
Earlier today you woke up to a phone call. Once you noticed the caller ID you quickly exited your bed room where Tendo laid sleeping. Locking the bathroom door.
"Hello?" You question.
"(Y/N)...? I didn't think you'd pick up...uh, look, listen...after seeing you yesterday I realized I need to speak with you? Can we meet?"
Hinata's voice was so nervous but still gentle as he spoke. He wasn't being demanding. He seemed rather unsure what your response would be. As if he expected you to say no.
You're astonished he even called you. All of yesterday when you spoke to Tsukishima in the gym you had known Hinata's eyes were watching you closely. You had felt the jealousy once Noya had pointed out the hickey Tendo had left on your smooth skin. You knew he was still interested just by being in his presence.
It made you happy to think this. You had returned home smiling like a little school girl.
So now that he's calling, asking to meet, you can't help but smile ear to ear.
"Of course. Meet me at the park near my house in...thirty minutes? Yeah...." You let out a breath.
"Oh! Yes, okay. See you!" Hinata quickly hangs up. Letting out a breath of his own before quickly getting ready and jumps on his bike. It's a decent ride but it's filled with thoughts of you. How your body had fit perfectly with his own when the two of you cuddled. How his lips felt against yours all those times you had kissed him because he was too nervous to kiss you first. How bold you had been when asking him to be yours. All the cute little texts you'd send him to show you cared. How you looked cheering him on in the stands. The feeling of your arms flying around him after he had won a game.
You were all that was on his mind.
When he reached the park you were already sitting on a bench. Hinata rode up, hoping off his bike and stared down at you nervously. Shifting his stance.
"Hinata." You let out a breath. He looked so handsome yet also looked like he could go green in the face any second.
"Hi." The boy tries to smile but fails. You frown.
"Why are you sad?"
Hinata shifts again. Now rocking back and forth on his feet as he holds the bike steady by the handles. He blinks a few times. Thinking of what he should say. He wants the pour his heart out. He wants to tell you how he's realized he didn't only like you...but he has slowly fallen in love without realizing what love even was.
But he can't say those things right now.
"I just..." Hinata sets the bike down, "I needed to see you."
"For...?" The excitement you had felt earlier is slowly fading. This doesn't feel like a reunion. It doesn't sound like he truly needs you. He just looks like a scared, emotional, boy. He looks just like he did the night he left you.
"...I just..." A hiccup exits his throat as he starts to tear up. You don't realize his mind is racing. Remembering how you had been just a month ago.

"Come here!" Hinata yells excitedly, his arms wrapping around your waist as you squeal. Laughing your heart out. His heart squeezes at the sound. It feels as if his love for you is burning throughout his whole body in this moment. His arms wrapped around you, head tucked over your shoulder, your body pressed against his, your giggle ringing through his ears.
You're so amazing. He's so lucky.
"Shouyou!" You giggle as Hinata pulls you closer to him.
Hinata giggles with you. Kissing your cheek gently before picking you up and carrying you back to your bed. Pulling you to his chest. Your head falls to the crook of his neck. Leaving sweet kisses all over his skin. Again, he feels his skin burning as you touch him. It's as if he can feel his love for you burning throughout his body.
"You're perfect." Hinata whispers.

Tears are streaming down Hinata's face now. He's crying hysterically as you sit there stunned. Shakily he tries to apologize for his current state but you only stand, wrapping your arms around his shaky body and rub his back.
"It's okay." You coo, pulling away enough to look him in the eyes. Hinata's arms wrap tightly around you. He clings to you as if you'll up and run. From the second Noya pointed out the hickey on your neck all Hinata could think about was how he lost you. How he lost the first person he loves, "Shush, I'm here Shouyou. I'm here."
Your words come out as whispers. His eyes dance with emotion. He clings to you even more now.
"You're here?..."
"I'm here."
"I've been so scared," He hiccups, "I was so scared."
"Why?" Your words laced with love as you move some hair out of his face. Wiping the tears from his cheeks.
"Y-you've moved on..."
"Nonsense." You almost laugh. Leaving a gentle kiss on his forehead.
You can't help but dive head first into your own emotions in this moment. Completely needing the boy breaking down in front of you. This past month has taught you a lot without him. The main thing, you had fallen in love with Karasuno's number ten.