(21): Play The Game

"You suck!" You poke Tendo's temple a few times to get on his nerves. He's sprawled out on the couch, staring intently at the movie he'd put on earlier.
"Shut up, idiot." He snickers, poking your side which makes you giggle slightly. Throwing your head back as you laugh. He's caught on to your tickle spot and continues to poke your sides. Laughing with you. His long hair hides his handsome face, leaving you to pout up at him.
"What is it? Knock it off! What do you need, idiot~?"
You reach up, moving his red hair away from his face and smile. That's all you needed. You just needed to see his face.
You look up to Tendo a lot. Not just because he's one of your only friends. Or because you've been sleeping with him. You look up to him because he's such a strong person. You know he didn't have the best luck with friends as a kid. Many people find him scary and weird because of his intense behavior. But that's what makes you look up to him more. No matter what he comes out stronger than before.
You're pulled out from your flashback due to Tsukishima snapping his fingers in your face. An unamused look on his face.
"I thought we were studying, (L/N)."
You let out a sigh, "I'm not feeling it suddenly."
Tsukishima lets out an annoyed breath before slamming his book shut. His eyes glaring over at you.
"You're going to fail the tests you have this week then."
You only shrug.
"How do you expect to get into a good college?"
You shrug.
You're too lost in thought to even think about that right now.
"Okay dumbass, listen here. You're not going to get anywhere with that attitude. Stop focusing on dumb shit and focus on the bigger picture."
"Okay." You glance over at him. He can tell something is off but says nothing as you pack your bag. Tsukishima has skipped the end of practice to help you study for an upcoming test but you could barely even focus for a minute, "I'm sorry for making you miss part of practice."
Tsukishima only shrugs, "I didn't want to go anyways. If anything you saved me from dealing with a group of idiots for longer than needed."
You stifle a laugh.
The two of you walk quietly down to the gym. Tsukishima is tempted to pry you for answers to your sudden mood. Ask what's wrong and be there for you, but he honestly doesn't know how. He's never cared for other much. The whole friend thing was new to him.
"Baby!" Hinata screams as you walk into the gym. Running from his clean up job to wrap his arms around your body. Pulling you into a tight hug. Tsukishima rolls his eyes.
"Tsk." With that he walks off.
"Hi Shouyou." Your voice is weak but Hinata hardly notices. He's too excited to tell you all about his day and his progress in volleyball. You listen. Trying your best to follow despite not understanding all the terms.
"I can't walk you home today. I'm sorry." Hinata says softly before going to collect his things.
"Why?"
"My mom needs me home to help out with some things. I can have one of the guys walk you home if you're more comfortable walking with someone."
You simply shake your head no. You'll just got to the arcade. You don't feel like going home to a cold empty house today. You don't want even go home at all. You're always alone with nothing to do there.
Hinata walks you to the front of the school before deciding to leave.
"Bye baby." Hinata pecks your lips.
And then he's off. Riding his bike into the dark. You sigh, changing directions to the arcade. It only takes you about ten minutes to get there. You're so lost in thought you barely take in your surrounding when you enter the arcade. The LED lights shining bright. Music plays over there speakers to block out the sounds of the games and the slight screams of frustration from other players.
You sit down at a fighting game, slipping in some cash. Your mind is lost in the past. Ever since Mika brought up Tendo. Your old boyfriend? Can you even call him a boyfriend? It was never official and only lasted a few months before he decided to souly focus on volleyball. Deciding girls were just a distraction. It didn't even upset you at the time. You were used to people leaving. You just went back to daily life. Being alone until you went to school.
You wonder how Tendo is getting along now. You know he's in one of the best schools now. They put up a good fight. Besides that you know nothing. Your mom stopped speaking to his mom after Tendo stopped coming around. Saying him ditching you was rude. She wanted you to be with Tendo and always suspected you two were more than friends. Though she never found out what you had been doing.
"How much money do you think you spend here, huh, idiot?" You attention snaps away from the game. Eyes wide.
He looks the same. Just slightly taller and more muscular.
"W-what are you doing here?"
"My mom and I are in town. I remembered you basically lived here last year so I decided to drop by. I see you still live here, huh, idiot?"
Tendo??? What is this some kind of joke?, you your mind is running with serval thoughts. Unable to process what's actually happening.
"You're such crap at answering questions." Tendo groans, sitting down next to you and slips some money in so the game shifts to multiplayer.
"U-uh-I just...I...." You can't even speak.
"Shut up, play the game. I'm going to beat you!"