62

"you liar i never said that!" lola shouts as she playfully smacks carl on the arm, but maybe a little too hard

"you liar i never said that!" lola shouts as she playfully smacks carl on the arm, but maybe a little too hard. "ow!" carl winces with a pained expression, "i'm just kidding chill out!"

all of us were gathered around in the kitchen together, me, rick, lola, carl, and judith. it was about ten in the morning and the kids just woke up, so i made breakfast with the help of rick. with judith clinging to my side in my arms, she starts reaching for the cut pieces of banana on my plate with a wine.

i let out a chuckle, grabbing the slice of banana for her and letting her eat it. "so what are the plans for today?" i ask rick, who was in the process of buckling on his belt near the kids.

he shrugs, unsure of what his answer was, "i don't know yet—all i know is i gotta talk to michonne and deanna on what to do about them walkers outside here."

i nodded, about to reply when lola already spoke up, "i hardly slept last night just thinking about them out there. i mean—i know it's happened before at the prison, but it was more secure, and there's dozens more out behind these walls."

"yeah well—before you know it it's gonna be handled." he ruffles her hair with a small smile, "promise."

lola nods as she takes a bite of her food, "good." her words were muffled from her mouth being consumed by food. "well anyways." he walks over to lola and carl, kissing them both on the foreheads, "i should get going." next he comes over to judith and i, doing the same thing, "i love you."

my lips quickly tugged into a smile as my gaze met his, "i love you too."

as rick made it to the front door and opened it, he put a hand up, "bye family!"

"bye!"

"bye dad!"

"bye love you!"

all three of us said something different to rick as he headed out the front door, and when he shut the door it left us in silence, that was until judith started giggling at the fact she threw a banana slice at carl. all of us bursted into a small fit of laughter at judith's sudden action, that was the last thing i would expect her to do. as the laughter died down i took a sip of my coffee, "she got you good carl."

my walk with the kids around alexandria was peaceful, others around here were still grieving after our recent attack, so barely anyone was out—that was unless they had to be.

it was me, lola, and carl taking a stroll around here, carol offered to babysit judith for a bit while i ran around and got stuff done, me and the kids were on our way back to the house to go get her. "i really want crackers." lola says, interrupting our walk that so far had no communication until now.

carl snickers, "where the hell did you get that from?"

lola just shrugs, "i don't know—just hungry i guess." i shake my head with a laugh as we cut through the grass to get towards the front of alexandria, there i saw rick and tara talking, and maggie up on her watch post, scanning the outside intently for anything out of the ordinary.

suddenly i got a light bump to the shoulder from lola, "mom look!" quickly to see what was so urgent, i change my eye gaze to where she was pointing. suddenly, all chatter around us died down quickly, as green balloons rose from somewhere over the afternoon horizon.

glenn. it has to be, michonne said it herself, glenn would find a way to send us a signal that he was alive, and maybe the others too that got trapped out there. my lips curved into a smile, i knew pizza boy was alive, i knew it.

the sudden, loud, bone-chilling sound of creaking and breaking snapped me out of my gaze, i looked towards where it was coming from, the tower—it was falling in on the walls, and i knew exactly what that meant. "go go go!" i shout, pushing the kids back to where we came from, i was quick to react.

walkers are in, they've invaded alexandria, me and the kids kept running to avoid the dead until we met up with michonne, gabriel, ron, and the girl i remember i saved during the w attack in her backyard. time to survive.

.
!gif is of nik laughing at the kids!