Chapter 32

"Toni." Eva smiled as Toni came slowly walking into the house.

She tried her best to avoid her mother. She plastered a fake smile onto her face and faced her mother.

"Hi mom." She smacked her lips together placing her hand over her tummy.

The pain was unbearable but she couldn't show it.

"What's wrong baby?" Eva frowned.

"Nothing. I just have a really bad tummy ache that's all, don't worry about me." Toni smiled.

She sneezed immediately gripping the bottom of her tummy.

"Ouch..." She whispered.

Eva gasped.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes." Toni said through clenched teeth. "I just need to rest..." Toni half lied as Eva nodded watching her slowly walk into her bedroom.

Michael walked into the house setting his briefcase down on the table.

"How was work?" Eva asked walking into the kitchen.

"It was fine." He said, "is Toni here?" He asked walking into the kitchen as well.

"Yeah. She's gonna take a nap." Eva said pulling out a few ingredients for tonight's dinner.

"Oh good... we have to talk." He said.

"Come sit." He added taking a seat at the island.

Eva raised her eyebrows in confusion before she sat down as well. Toni came walking out her bedroom and froze in her tracks once she heard the whispers coming from the kitchen, she pulled her face in confusion. Why are they whispering?

"It's about Kenny." Michael blurted out.

"What about Kenny? Have you reached out to him like I told you too?" Eva asked.

"No-"

"Michael you have too, you missed out on 23 years of that boys life. You two got off on the wrong foot but you're his father-"

"That's the thing Eva. I'm not really his father." Michael said shaking his head causing Eva's eyes to widen in confusion.

Michael sighed before he told Eva the entire story. They heard a loud thump and both turned around.

"Toni."

"So it was all a lie?" She weakly questioned with her eyes beginning to water.

"I was going to tell you-"

"When?" She asked.

"When the time was right-"

"No you weren't! You're so selfish! I should've known! After everything I've done. I was actually sorry." She vigorously shook her head in disbelief.

"All this time you made me feel disgusted, I almost started hating myself-"

"Toni-"