Chapter 10

"Oh shoot! It's 8:30 I completely lost track of time!" Toni panicked as she froze in her tracks.

They were currently at a carnival that wasn't too far from the drive-in movie theater. Kenny stopped walking and faced her in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I was suppose to be home making flyers for the churches fundraiser that's happening on Sunday. They're suppose to go up tomorrow." Toni frowned as she took a seat on the bench.

Kenny bit his lip.

"It's my fault I shouldn't have brought you to the carnival I should've taken you straight home-"

"No. I didn't tell you, I honestly thought I'd be home by now..." She buried her face into her palms.

He sat down next to her just as his eyes lit up with an idea.

"I have an idea. Let me help you." He said causing her to look up at him with her left brow raised. "My mom loves decorating and painting, come on you'll have those flyers up tomorrow. I promise." He said standing up.

He held his hand out to her before she placed her hand into his hesitantly. She stood up and allowed him to lead her towards the exit. He froze in his tracks in front of one of the carnival games.

"Kenny." Toni chuckled as she looked over at the Bottle Toss stand. "You deserve that bear you kept staring at the entire time." He said causing her eyes to widen.

"Yeah I saw you! Practically drooling over it." He laughed handing the guy a dollar.

"You get 3 tries sir. Good luck." The guy smiled handing him three balls.

Kenny tossed the first ball at the bottles and missed miserably causing Toni to laugh.

"You got this Kenny." She finally cheered on rubbing his back.

"You're right I do." He nodded tossing the second ball and this time he only hit over the first two bottles.

"That was- something." She flashed him a weak smile.

"Come on Kenny." He pepped.

He held the last ball against his chest before he tossed it at the bottles knocking them all over. Toni's mouth fell open in disbelief before she jumped clapping her hands together excitedly.

"Oh my god you did it!" She exclaimed.

"Congratulations you may choose any one of these teddy bears." The guy pointed at the teddy bears behind him.

"I want that baby blue dolphin right there." Kenny smiled pointing up at the dolphin, the guy took it down and handed it to Kenny.

Toni smiled as he turned to face her handing her the dolphin.

"Thank you." She grinned happily as she leaned up and kissed his lips. "Lets go." He said intertwining their hands.
___________________________

"Come in." Kenny told her.

Toni walked into his home and smiled, it was lovely. Far bigger than hers and it was a two story. Toni looked around inhaling the warmth that she was greeted with.