Chapter 11

"Toni Michele. It's 11 p.m. where in the heavens have you been? You had me worried sick!" Eva scolded as Toni sat on the sofa getting yet another one of her famous scoldings without getting any saying into the conversation.

"Can I tell you where I was?" Toni mumbled.

"How could you be out this late?! What if something bad happened to you? You're only 18 years old!" Eva groaned growing angrier by the minute.

"I was at Trey's!" Toni loudly said.

Eva froze in her tracks and stared at Toni.

"We we're making the flyers, I needed some help so I asked him if he would help me and he said yes." Toni lied holding the flyers up.

Eva let out a sigh as she took the flyers from Toni.

"I'm sorry. But you had me worried sick, don't do that again. Next time please call me." Eva sighed.

Toni nodded.

"These are nice. I never knew Trey was so talented." Eva said looking through the artistic flyers.

"Yeah he's something else." Toni chuckled thinking of how her and Kenny spent most of the time making out instead of making the flyers.

"These are definitely gonna raise a lot of money or at least grab a lot of peoples attention!" Eva smiled.
_______________________

"Now that those are finally up, we can rest now." Toni sighed in exhaustion.

Her and Trey had just put up all the flyers all over the neighborhood.

"They're really cool! You made them by yourself?" Trey asked watching her place her sling bag down on the bench they were seated on.

"I had some help." She added tying her shoelace.

Trey nodded watching her every move.

"Are we still on for this afternoon?" Trey asked.

Toni clenched her teeth, she definitely forgot about her and Trey's movie day. She sat up and looked at him.

"About that-"

"Oh no! You have to cancel." Trey sadly sighed.

"I'm so sorry Trey. I have so much going on, I really wanted to watch this movie with you. Please forgive me." Toni pleaded placing her hand down over his.

"We're cool. No hard feelings, I'll just have to watch it with Trevor." He groaned causing her to chuckle.

Trevor was Trey's 8 year old brother. Toni pecked his cheek before that familiar navy blue jeep pulled up. A smile spread across her face as Trey looked from her towards what she had been smiling at.

"I have to go." She said as she got up patting his shoulder once she grabbed her tiffany blue sling bag off the bench.

He pulled his face in confusion watching as Kenny got out and smiled at her. Trey watched as she ran up to him, she gave him a hug and they exchanged a few words before she turned to face Trey. She smiled and waved at him as Kenny did the same, she walked around and got into her side as Kenny did the same. He frowned as they drove off, are they dating?
__________________________

"Okay first things first, you need to buckle up." Kenny instructed.

Toni put on her seatbelt and faced him again.

"Eyes on the road at all times, no distractions." He sternly said and she nodded looking ahead of her.

"Now stick the key into the ignition." He pointed.

She stuck the key into the ignition. "Now put the gearstick in neutral." He said watching her look around before he chuckled, "it's this thing right here." He pointed.

She giggled moving it from it's position into neutral before she placed her hands down on the steering wheel. She looked over at him.

"Are you nervous?" He asked and she nodded, "don't be. Just don't kill us." He said as she twisted the ignition key starting the car.

"Now slowly remove your foot from the break- holy shit!" Kenny panicked as she did the same once the car slightly jumped forward.

"Oh my god. This is scary." She frowned.

"It's okay. We'll eventually get there." He smiled trying to convince her and himself.
_________________________

"Hey Paris!" Trey greeted.

Paris froze in her tracks and looked down at Trey in confusion, she looked around before back at him.

"Why are you sitting on the sidewalk? Is Toni napping again like the last time?" Paris raised her eyebrows continuing her walk up to their front door.

Paris began to dig into her bag for the house keys, Trey got up dusting himself off.

"Does Toni have a boyfriend?"

Paris stopped what she was doing and slowly turned around to face him, immediately the thought of her and Kenny consumed her mind.

"Why do you ask?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

"We've never had to postpone movie night and she's also never turned down movie night, this afternoon that guy— Kenny came and picked her up and they both seemed so happy- I don't know... maybe I'm just overreacting." He shrugged scratching his head.

Paris frowned swallowing the lump in her throat.

"I bet their just really good friends..." Paris trailed off unsure of it herself.

Trey nodded before he slipped his hands into his pockets turning around. Paris spun around ready to walk inside when Trey turned back around.

"You were right, I do like Toni." He blurted out.

She turned around and faced him.

"Well than you're gonna have to fight for her."
_____________________________

"Look at you getting the hang of things." Kenny cheered as Toni came to a halt.

After many failed attempts she finally moved the car from the first streetlight to the second streetlight without almost scratching the car or going off the road. Toni grinned as she got out and took a good look at the 50 feet she drove.

"I'm so happy!" She clapped her hands jumping excitedly.

Kenny laughed as he got out. He stared at the excitement on her face and that caused him to smile.

"You're so much more prettier when you're happy." He said causing her to lightly blush as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you." She mumbled.

"Come on, you still have 5 more streetlights to drive past and than I'm teaching you how to reverse and parallel park." He chuckled at the way her eyes lit up.

"I can't wait to show Paris and Trey that I can drive!" She squealed immediately getting into the driver's side.

He shook his head with a chuckle getting into the passenger side.