Chapter 1

"Where is Paris?" Eva, Toni's mother questioned once she walked into the church.

She placed her attention onto Toni who immediately buried her face into her bible.

"Toni..." Eva trailed off just as Paris came walking through the doors into the church. "Where were you?" Eva scolded.

Paris rolled her eyes.

"I went out with my friends, I have a life. You can't just expect me to go to church go home go back to church than go back home. I'm 23 years old, I have a life okay." Paris said in annoyance as she took her seat.

Eva looked over everyone in embarrassment who were staring at Paris in horror.

"Why can't you be like Toni-"

"Because I'm Paris! Did you forget that?" Paris spat getting up, "this is why I don't do these types of stuff. I can't be a goody toe shoes like Toni. I'm sorry, that's not me. She's boring, I'm fun. She's like this wannabe nun and me... I am not! I love adventures- you know what I'm leaving." Paris spat walking back out.

"Paris Clementine Braxton!" Eva scolded before she ran out after Paris.

Toni swallowed her saliva tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She chewed on her lip as everyone stared at her.

"How about we start this bible study class now, Toni!" Trey shouted out, the awkward silence was deadly and he didn't like it.

"Yes of course." Toni nodded standing up.
______________________________

Toni watched from the window as Michael taught one of the guys from the bible study class how to drive. She watched them get out the car as they said a couple words to one another, her father patted his shoulder and came walking into the front door. Toni got up from the sofa she had been seated on and walked into the kitchen where her father and mother were now standing.

"I wanna learn how to drive." She blurted out taking a seat at the island.

Michael stared at her before he let out a light laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Toni raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Because you must be crazy if you think that I am going to teach you how to drive. You're still young-"

"I'm 18!" Toni protested. "But you're my youngest, I can't stand the fact that you're growing up so fast. I just can't, my heart won't let me. You're our baby." Michael said and Eva nodded.

"That's true." Eva added, "but maybe you should teach her to drive Michael." Eva added and Toni nodded her head in excitement.

"No! I'm not doing that, you will learn to drive when I feel like you should." Michael spat in annoyance.

Toni's eyes widened in disbelief.

"But you taught Paris how to drive!" Toni shouted angrily jumping off the chair she had been seated on.

"With Paris it's differe-"

"No its not! Stop treating us differently, this is exa-"

Before Toni could finish her sentence her father's palm came in contact with her cheek. Eva gasped as Toni stared at him holding onto her cheek, a couple tears fell from her eyes as Michael frowned.