Chapter 13

1 week later

"The bible says that sin has separated us from God." Michael spoke receiving a few 'yes's and amen's' from a few people.

"What is sin?" Michael asked, "sin is the transgression of the Law of God, as John writes 'everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness'; sin is lawlessness!" Michael shouted.

"We are all sinners, even those who have been saved as Paul says 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' and 'the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord'." Michael read looking up from the bible he held in his hand.

"Amen!"

"Isaiah writes 'your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.' The good news is that 'God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us' and 'while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his son'. Jesus solved our sin problem by becoming sin for us so that for those who have repented and trust Him can be seen as having the same righteousness as Christ does but if not, we still have the wrath of God on us." Michael said.

"Yes! Amen father! Amen!"

"Please turn to Romans chapter 3 verse 23." Michael said.
____________________________

"Today's service was amazing."

"Thank you Lori." Michael smiled as he shook the guests hands bidding them off.

Kenny got out his jeep looking around for his mother before his eyes landed on Toni who smiled over at a few of the ladies who were talking to her. She felt a pair of eyes on her and looked around smiling once she saw Kenny.

"Your graduation is slowly approaching Toni. Aren't you excited?"

"I am." She said turning to face her mother's friends again.

She slowly slipped away from the conversation and approached Kenny, standing a few feet away from him.

"Hey." He chuckled at her trying to be all sneaky and stuff.

"Hey." She greeted back tucking her hands behind her back fiddling with her hands as they looked at one another.

"I see your dads back." Kenny nodded towards her father who was still talking to some of his church members.

"Yeah. He came back on Monday." She nodded facing her dad as well.

"I have a little surprise for you." He announced looking at her.

Her eyes widened as she steered her attention from her father onto Kenny.

"I'm listening." She smiled.

He chuckled.

"I'll let you find out tonight. If you're able to leave the house without getting caught..." He smirked.

She contemplated before she sighed.

"I'll try my best." She said already planning her escape in her head.