Chapter Forty ~ In A Lie

WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 70K READS OMFG

Songs; Carousel - Melanie Martinez

Car Radio - Twenty One Pilots

***

Rays of light peered through the slit of the curtains, hitting Alex directly in his face. He groaned quietly, mumbling a few curses under his breath as he attempted to shield the light with the covers. He failed, though, because something was weighing down the other side of the duvet.

"What the hell..." Alex muttered, slowly opening his eyes. He blocked the light with the back of his hand, turning so he was now laid on his back. The smell that filled the room was not a very pleasant one. The air was laced with a scent that Alex was all too familiar with; the smell of post-sex and alcohol.

His stomach dropped instantly.

He remembered, there was no doubt about that. He remembered everything that had happened the night before, but now he only prayed that the images racing through his mind were nothing but delusional thoughts. He prayed that he stumbled into a random bedroom, stripped, and landed in an unfamiliar bed.

No matter how hard he prayed though, it wouldn't work. Alex knew the truth.

And, yeah, the truth fucking sucked.

He turned his head to the right, coming in contact with a familiar woman. Her curly hair was a mess, reminding Alex of how tight he had gripped those curls the previous night. The duvet barely covered any part of her body, only shielding her bare legs and thighs from Alex's view. His eyes trailed down her back, landing on the red hand prints that covered her bum. He didn't want to believe any of it, but the evidence was laying right there; bare with love marks covering much of her sweet skin.

"Shit," Alex cursed. He quickly rose from the bed and searched the bedroom, trying to find his clothing from the previous night. The bedroom floor was empty, but the bathroom wasn't. Alex remembered how the sink wasn't the only place where he and Jacky had fucked. Once they had discovered that the bathroom connected with an empty bedroom, the two had decided to take full advantage of this.

Alex picked up his clothes from the floor, slipping on each item with a quick pace. Water covered the bathroom floor, making Alex regret his choice of using the shower for their activities too. They both had sobered up a bit with the shower, but not much. Both were too drunk and too high to realize what the hell they were doing.

Alex remembered everything clearly. He remembered how soft her skin felt, how nice the sensation of having her skin run underneath his fingertips. He remembered how wonderful she smelt, despite the alcohol and marijuana that coated her breath. He remembered how fucking amazing she felt, and how much pleasure had coursed through him the entire night. When it was all over, Alex didn't remember feeling guilt. The only thing he remembered was thinking how badly he wanted to do it all again.

If it wasn't for Abella, Alex would have thought Jacky to be the best partner he'd ever been with.

With Abella, things felt much, much different. When Alex had sex with Abella, he never pulled her hair with force; only gently tugging the strands of her dark hair. He always caressed her, silently letting her know just how much he appreciated everything about her. He took his time, not feeling the need to rush anything. With Abella, he didn't feel like he was 'fucking', because it really wasn't. It felt like something completely different - an intimate moment that only they could share.

Shaking his thoughts away, Alex looked at his reflection in the mirror. His cheeks were still a bit flushed, but barely. His hair was a mess - giving off the 'post-sex' look he had often wore before. He smelt horrid, but there was no time to shower. All Alex wanted to do was leave the house as soon as possible and return to Baltimore.