Chapter Seventeen ~ To Live and Let Go

Songs: Slowly Freaking Out - Skylar Grey

Take You Down - Chris Brown

Warning: This chapter gets a bit sexual.

So I had to reupload this chapter because Wattpad derped and made it private. .=.

GUYS WATTPAD KEEPS MAKING THIS CHAPTER PRIVATE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

&&&

Abella quickly made her way toward her date. She clutched the small purse in her hand, a thousand different possible lies roamed in her mind. "Hey," she said once she reached the table. "I'm so sorry, but I have to go. Um, Jack just called and said there's some sort of emergency with Myra at home." That was a complete lie. Throughout the night, the only time Jack had even bothered to contact her was to ask if it was okay for Myra to watch 'Click'. She had told him that it was fine, just to cover Myra's eyes during the inappropriate scenes.

Martin stood up and called for a waiter. "Do you want a ride home?" He asked.

"No," Abella shook her head. "Um, Mary is waiting outside." Another lie. "I'll see you at work on Monday, okay?" She reached forward and gave him a quick hug before she hurried toward the entrance. Martin wanted to go after her, but he just collapsed in his chair instead and drank the rest of his wine.

Abella quickly darted for the alleyway behind the restaurant. A smile plastered on her lips once she saw the glimmer of red paint on Alex's motorcycle. Alex had his helmet on, but that didn't stop the wide smile on his face. He was extremely happy knowing that in the end, Abella chose him over Martin. She ditched the crappy date and boring conversation for him. He was so ecstatic that the redhead waiting for him inside the restaurant had completely slipped his mind.

"Here," he helped her put on the helmet. She smiled as they climbed on the motorcycle. Alex quickly drove away from the restaurant, desperate to get Abella as far away from Martin as possible. Abella wrapped her arms securely around his torso, smiling at the familiar adrenaline she felt while on the motorcycle. "Are you alright?" Alex asked over the sound of the engine. They were about five minutes to his house.

Abella nodded and replied, "Yeah, I'm fine." That was more or less the truth. She felt her heart flutter over the fact that Alex would go to such lengths for her. She did feel bad for the redhead he left behind, but she tried not to think too much about her. Instead, she focused on how much the night seemed to have changed. Ten minutes ago, she was sitting at a table with a man who she only saw as a friend. Now, she was riding a motorcycle at nine o'clock with a man she couldn't deny her affection for.

When they finally arrived at Alex's house, Abella took off her heavy helmet and followed Alex to the door. "Go in the living room," he said, "I need a drink. Do you want something?" He asked her.

"No, thank you." Abella quietly replied. Alex shrugged and disappeared into the kitchen. Abella walked into the living room, smoothing out her dress as she sat down on the couch, the helmet placed on the coffee table in front of her. She felt nervous because the last time she was alone with Alex, things didn't end well. But then again, when did they ever end well for the two?

A leather bound notebook laid perfectly on the table, catching Abella's eyes almost immediately. Without a second thought, she grabbed the notebook, her fingers traced over the rough pattern of the surface. She glanced over her shoulder, making sure Alex was still busy in the kitchen before she returned her attention to the mysterious notebook.

The first page completely caught her off guard. She wasn't sure what to expect from the many pages inside the journal, but the realistic drawing of what appeared to be a mermaid certainly wasn't one of them. The mermaid in the picture had dark hair, her piercing eyes seemed to stare at a large ship that approached the rocky shore she sat on. The waves crashed around her, a smaller mermaid sat down on the rock beside her. Neither of them looked frightened, but oddly calm as if they had been prepared for the ship of men.