Chapter One ~ For Baltimore

Title Credit and Song: For Baltimore by All Time Low

Warning; This story contains inappropriate language, violence, drug use, and sexual content.

Some of the chapters in this story were made private [not me, wattpad did this for some stupid ass fucking reason] so you can either follow me to read these, or message me whenever you come across a private chapter :) I'll happily message you the chapter through pm.

~*~

For the most part of my life, I was perfectly content. Never once did I feel unloved or unneeded because I knew that I wasn't. I knew that no matter what happened, there would be someone in the world who would look past all my faults, all my issues, all my flaws and love me for me. An unconditional love is what I looked for in a person. Little did I know that the person I would fall for would also be the person who would bring nothing but trouble.

~*~

Heavy rain pelted against the windshield of my car. I wiped the water away with the window wiper and smiled at the relaxing noise. Rain had always managed to calm me down, but it didn't really help much on the drive. I was on my way to my new house in a new city, a new state; an entirely new country. My little sister, Myra, was sitting in the backseat, sleeping peacefully. She didn't realize that we were in an entirely different place; away from our home back in London. As far as she knew, our move was nothing but a chance to live in a new home.

The anxiety I felt was indescribable, but who wouldn't feel nervous? I'd just moved to an entirely different country with my seven year old sister by myself. My grandmother was completely against my decision, but that really didn't matter to me. I needed this. I needed to get out of that town and begin a new life. The reason why I chose Baltimore? I'm not exactly sure. I think it was because my grandmother had visited the city when she was younger and she couldn't fathom her love for the place. But I can't be exact on why I chose Baltimore. Oddly, something attracted me to the city; something unknown to me.

A quiet yawn from the backseat pulled me out of my thoughts. "Abella," Myra began, "are we there yet?" She asked. I looked in the rear view mirror, a smile grew on my lips at the little girl sitting in the car seat.

Back home, everyone said the resemblance between her and I was incredible strong. We didn't look much alike, but there was still that remarkable trait we both held that let strangers know we were siblings. Myra had curly brown hair, much like our mother had, while I stuck with straight dark hair. Myra's eyes were a beautiful chocolate colour while mine were hazel. Our skin colour held the same mixed tone of pale and beige combined. Something we both received from our parents.

"Almost," I said then asked, "Do you want to listen some music?" Myra nodded, requesting her favorite artist; Beyonce. I never understood her endless love for the singer, but I couldn't blame her. Beyonce had the voice of an angel. A sassy, independent angel.

Once we reached a stop light, I quickly pulled out her CD and rose the volume up. Myra quietly sang along, a smile on her lips as she stared out the window. Despite the fact that they spoke the same language and all that, but everything seemed different. I should have been used to this because my mom moved us out from Cuba to London when I was two, but I wasn't. I wasn't used to the sudden change of moving countries. But it was my decision and since I was the only family Myra had, I had no choice but to get accustomed to the change.

"It's so pretty here." Myra said in awe of the new city. According to my GPS, we were only ten minutes away from our new home. I hadn't actually seen the house in person, only pictures, but I was so in love with the house we were moving into. It was small, but I didn't care about that. It would only be Myra and I so we didn't need anything large. Besides, it was all I could afford with the little money I had saved up from random jobs back in London.