Chapter Thirty Six ~ We're Not Friends

Songs; Wait - M83 [This song had me crying omfg]

Fireproof - One Direction

Dead in the Water - Ellie Goulding

Ayyeee an update. Wooo. I'm proud because I wrote this in the time span of like 4 hours or something

Warning; This update fucked me up so it might fuck you up

~*~

Life is filled with bad choices, mistakes we've made and regretful decisions. We all tend to do something wrong every once in a while--say things we never really meant or wanted. We all fall guilty under this category. No matter how hard one tries to deny this; we've all done shit in the past that we regret.

When Alex thought back to the moment he left Abella's house when she told him about her pregnancy, he felt nothing but regret. He wished that he could turn back time and take everything back. This was impossible, though and, for once, Alex had to man up and deal with the shit he created.

The room was dead silent and Alex felt suffocated, desperate to break this painful and uncomfortable silence. "I'm sorry." Alex whispered. His throat tightened, a dead giveaway to how he was really feeling. Abella, on the other hand, had a completely blank expression. Alex had no clue how she was feeling--what was going through her head, and this worried him more than it probably should've.

"I'm sorry for leaving." Alex continued once he realized that Abella wasn't going to utter a damn thing. "I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry for walking out like that. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain. I'm sorry for loving you. I'm so fucking sorry for loving you." Alex repeated. He felt his eyes beginning to grow wet and he made no attempt to stop the tears that slid down his cheeks. He hated how much crying he seemed to have done lately.

Abella kept quiet for a few seconds, her facial expression completely blank. "I'm tired of this," she whispered, "of fighting. We've been through this before, haven't we? We've played this game before. I don't want to be in this relationship if things always get like this. It's not healthy, it's not right." Alex felt his heart sink at her words, his breathing hitched as if he had just been hit in the gut. "I love you and I wish I could forgive you, but I don't think that I can. You always tell me that you'd never hurt me, but why do things always seem to end like this? I don't want to do this anymore, Alex-"

"But I love you." Alex whispered, his voice weak. He didn't care how pathetic or weak he looked. He was just desperate at this point. "I know I left you before, but I don't want to do that again. Pregnant or not, I want to be with you, Abella." He started toward her, but Abella held her hand and motioned for hiim to stay where he was. She wasn't sure what would happen if she got close to him again.

Abella slowly let his words sink in, but no matter how sweet they were, she wasn't going to let herself give in that easily. They moved to quickly, she believed. No ordinary couple moved at such a fast pace like they had. She didn't like that. She felt like they were going too fast, too quickly into the relationship.

She needed a break.

"I love you, Alex," Abella whispered, "I never stopped. Yes, I was extremely pissed and I still kind of am, but I still love you. I don't think I'll ever stop, to be honest," she laughed under her breath, her fingers ran through her loose hair. "But I want to take a break from this-" she pursed her lips together, pausing to let out a sharp breath. The entire house had grown silent, as if everyone had leaned against the doorway to listen in on their conversation. Honestly, Alex wouldn't be that surprised if he opened the door and Valeria and Jeffrey stumbled in the room.