Chapter Thirty Eight ~ We Still Try

Guess who's back?

Songs;

Without Me - Eminem

Bulletproof Love - Pierce the Veil

Remembering Sunday - All Time Low

I JUST REALIZED THAT IF ALEX WAS THE CHEF AT MELROSE, THEN HOW THE FUCK IS HE A HORRIBLE COOK OMFG

~*~

Maybe video games weren't Abella specialty. Maybe this was true, but Abella didn't see it this way. In her perspective, Alex had cheated and that's why he won the bet. She didn't like being a bitter loser, but it couldn't be helped. Abella just didn't like losing.

She began to regret the bet when she noticed that Alex had been winning, but there was no turning back now. She didn't mind going to lunch with Alex. In fact, she looked forward to it. This resulted in Abella standing in front of a full length mirror, tugging on a pair of tight white jeans that Joey had bought her. She didn't really know why or where the sudden generosity had come from, but she didn't mind it either. The jeans were a bit too tight, but she was comfortable in them. (Once she managed to get them on, anyways.)

Since most of her classes were set in the evening, Abella had the entire morning open to get ready for her lunch with Alex. She realized that this little 'lunch' probably had a hidden meaning to it for Alex, but it did with her too. Abella wasn't too eager to jump back into the relationship world, but she didn't mind going on a few dates here and there. After last night, she had remembered how fun the good times with Alex were.

If she was asked to look at both sides of the big picture, the good would always outweigh the bad that they went through together. That's just how things were for the couple.

Smoothing out the fabric of her sweater, Abella sighed and decided that she was ready for lunch. Maybe she tried a little too hard with her appearance, not knowing why either. She was just going out to have lunch with Alex, someone she felt comfortable with while wearing sweats and a stained t-shirt. That was the type of relationship they had.

Abella turned on her heels and grabbed her purse from the side of her bed. She inhaled sharply, tightening her hold on the strap as she headed out of her bedroom. The sound of her heels clicked against the wooden floorboards, echoing through the silent house. Abella was beginning to grow fond of her heels, but they always proved to be a pain by the end of the night.

She headed out of the house with a smile on her face, more than eager to see Alex again. Abella had spent a good hour on a tour of her college campus, but that didn't manage to tire her out. She drove to the place where they had agreed to meet at; a nice Korean restaurant that Abella had yet to visit. Alex said that Riley had taken him to the food place a while ago, saying nothing but good things about the restaurant. Abella looked forward to this, mostly because she had the opportunity to catch up with Alex. She needed his advice on a topic that had been on her mind for the past few weeks.

The restaurant wasn't very packed when Abella arrived, but there were a few cars sat in the parking lot. Abella noticed Alex's motorcycle parked near the front, causing a wide grin to appear on her lips. She grabbed her purse and hurried out of her car, nearly tripping over her own heels.

Maybe wearing heels wasn't the smartest idea, but there was point in thinking about the situation now.

Abella entered the restaurant with hopeful eyes, her head held high. She searched around the restaurant, wasting no time to look for Alex. It wasn't really that hard to find him, seeing as he was the only one dressed in ripped jeans and covered in heavy ink. He wore the same grey beanie Abella had grown accustomed to seeing, along with a black sweatshirt and a blank look on his expression.