Chapter Twenty Eight ~ Truly Madly Deeply

Chapter songs; Look After You - The Fray

Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran

Trading Places - Usher

Wet the Bed - Chris Brown ft Ludacris

~*~

Alex's pov~

The barrel was a few inches away from me, the gun fully loaded and cocked. I swallowed hard, holding my hands up in surrender. The police officer quickly approached me, grabbing me by the arm. He roughly pushed me against the table, placing my arms behind my back before he locked my wrists with the cool medal handcuffs. The entire coffee shop fell completely silent, yet it was as if the noise was absolutely deafening.

Her silence was the worst, I'll admit. I felt my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces once I saw her eyes glossy and her flushed cheeks wet with tears. What hurt the most, I think, was the fact that she wasn't even paying attention to me. Her entire attention was focused on her beaten boss sitting up on the floor. He smiled, reassuring her that everything was fine.

Riley hurried toward me, her green eyes fixed on the blood gushing from my nose. She quickly held up a rag, stopping the blood and applying pressure. I wasn't focused on my bloody and possible broken nose. All I could focus on was Abella and the way she seemed to be more concerned with the asshole Jeffrey, than myself.

I thought I screw things up before, but now there was absolutely no way she was going to take me back.

The officer began pushing me out of the restaurant, reciting the stupid 'you have a right to remain silent' crap. I'd heard it a thousand times before, but never once did I bother to pay attention to his words. He pushed me into the backseat of the car, his partner doing the same with Jeffrey. I glared at the stupid brunette beside me, deciding that everything was his fault. If he would have just laid off Abella and quit flirting with her, I probably would have never had to kick his fucking ass.

Jeffrey sighed, fully aware of my intense stare. He looked toward me, his lips twitched into a small smirk. Despite just getting the crap beat out of him, he still found a way to act completely obnoxious, which only pissed me off even more. If it weren't for the fact that my hands were handcuffed, I would have reached over and punched him in the face.

"Finally cracked, didn't we?" He chuckled, turning his gaze to the back of the officer's head. We began to drive downtown, heading toward the police station. It'd been a few months since I was last arrested, but I still knew the directions of the police station like I knew the back of my hand.

I grit my teeth together, my knuckles tightening with every second that went by. "You're a fucking prick." I spat, earning a glare from the police officer driving. I ignored this, my gaze focused on Jeffrey. "I should kill you for going after my Bella."

Jeffrey snorted, his focus returned to me. His smirk fell slightly, anger lit in his green eyes. "Your Bella?" He laughed louder. "She's not some item you can claim, Alexander. She's a woman and from what she's told me, she's single." A sly smile grew on his lips. "Which means anyone can have her. She's no longer yours, not that she ever really was." I stayed silent, unsure of how to respond to his words.

My gaze cast toward the scenery that passed by, forehead pressed against the window. I wanted nothing more but than to go home and lay in my bed for the next few weeks. Everything sucked and it seemed as if I had no energy left within me. Yes, I still had a lot of anger inside, the source being multiple different things; New York, my 'family', Abella, life. But I was too exhausted to do anything anymore.