six; text me in the morning

six; text me in the morning

     "I'm going to stay the night."

 Brianna's friend stares at her. "What?" He asks. 

 "I'm spending the night here," she tells him again. "You can still spend the night at my house."

 "Did you tell Niall?"

 She rolls her eyes. "No, Luke, not yet. I figured I'd tell you first."

 I squeeze her hand in mine, trying to tell her I really don't want to be in the middle of this, but she ignores me. 

 Luke rolls his eyes. "So you're going to stay here so you two can fuck? Are you insane?"

 Here we go. He's obviously jealous and had way too much to drink. This kid is probably her best friend and he's most likely going to give her the "this guy is bad news, don't go with him, come home with me!" speech any second now because he's the better guy for her and he'll treat her right. As if. 

 "Luke! Can you stop for a second and listen to me? We're not going to do anything, I'm just spending the night. I'll be back by the morning. You don't have to worry. I'll be fine. I promise I'll call you if I need anything."

 I roll my eye and this Luke kid catches me. "Hey asshole!" he shouts. 

 Fucking hell. "What?" I answer calmly. I really don't plan to get into a fight tonight. 

 "You better fucking watch it," he warns, getting in my face. "If I find out you did anything to her, I'll come after you myself," he threatens, pushing me. 

 Brianna puts her hand on his chest and pushes him back. "Luke, stop, please. Just don't tell anyone, okay? They can't know. I'm trusting you, Luke, to keep this between us."

 Luke scoffs. "Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow. Have fun with your little boy toy tonight. Text me in the morning so I know you made it through the night. Honestly, Bri, you can do so much better than this asshole." He glares at me before going back over to a group of people. 

 She looks at me sympathetically as if I haven't been insulted like that before. "I'm sorry. He's my best friend and—"

 I stop her, "It's fine. I get it all the time."

 "No, it's—"

 I stop her again, but this time by leaning down into her neck, pressing my lips to her skin. "Babe, it's fine, trust me."

 This time she stops and sighs in defeat. "Fine," she huffs. "Can we get out of here?"

 I pull away from her to look down at my phone. It's almost two AM. Time for everyone to get the hell out of my house. 

 I lean down to kiss Brianna. "Go upstairs and wait for me. My room is the second door on the right. I'll be up after I get everyone out." I hand her a key on a chain (because I always keep my room locked) and she nods, taking it before disappearing into the crowd. 

 Before I tell everyone to go home, I find Calum. I pull him away from grabbing yet another beer. 

 He looks at me. "Hey!"

 I roll my eyes. "Listen to me, if anybody asks you, Brianna went home with you, got it?"

 He knits his eyebrows together. "No she's not. I haven't seen her for almost an hour."

 I roll my eyes. "I know, Calum. She's staying here with me, but I need you to cover for her because nobody is fond of me."

 He grins at me. "Nice, man," he tells me, gesturing to another idea.