II. Days Gone Bye

CHAPTER TWO ━━━ DAYS GONE BYE, Season One   :   Episode One of The Walking Dead

Season One : Episode One of The Walking Dead

          The water was cold. It sat in a rusted bucket, placed in the center of her ceramic bathroom sink. It was originally for her garden. Now, it's comically apart of her survival. But, let's get to the story here... Adeline Grimes was not supposed to be where she currently was. Standing in her old bathroom, hands trembling before her with nerves bundling together in the depths of her stomach. That is not ideal. That's what she kept telling herself. This isn't how it was supposed to happen.

During her two months alone, Adeline spent hours imagining the day her brother would wake from his coma. And every single time, she was there. To help him. To tell him every thing happened and what all he missed out on. To let him know that the hope of finding their family hadn't faded completely. That there was still a chance. The point is, she was supposed to be there. Not miles away, aiding two strangers in the scavenging of her neighborhood.

But that was exactly what she was doing. And there wasn't anything she could do to change that. Nothing but sit with the rotten consequences of her own actions.

She was scolding herself for not being the perfect person. Which, honestly... It was a very unfair thing to do. But Adeline Grimes had always been that way. She was the type to set high expectations for herself. She was bad for that. Sometimes, it didn't end the best way. If that happened before the world ended, she would spend the next weeks sulking in the defeat of her failure. Now? She had to deal with it head on.

The only effect sulking had now was the ability to drive her insane, and she found that out pretty quickly. This new world already had it's hands on her before it could even touch her brother. It made part of her terrified to speak to Rick. She was afraid that her brother wouldn't recognize who she become. What all she had to leave behind of the sister he used to know.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Adelines head shook, eyes snapping down to the water that fell from her hands and back into the halfway-filled bucket. "Crap." She muttered underneath her breath, shaking her palms to rid of the liquid before wiping them down the sides of her pants. Her bathroom was quiet, it was one attached to her and Shanes room.

If she had any other choice, she would've suggested some other place. But, they had to make a decision when the dead woke up from the sound of Morgan's gun going off and they still hadn't cleared a single place. Her home was the closest. The spot where Jenny Jones met her end. The man and his son weren't too happy with that fact. Rightfully so.