lx. four walls and a roof

SIXTY. four walls and a roof

     HOPE had soon turned to worry, the sudden disappearance of three of their own causing a panic to ensue within the group

HOPE had soon turned to worry, the sudden disappearance of three of their own causing a panic to ensue within the group. Daryl, Carol, and Bob. Adeline paced the church floors, awaiting the return of Tyreese and her brother who went out to find Sasha. Theo was anxiously cleaning up the church, hands throwing away the plastic plates they ate off of just an hour ago.

The widow refrained from going with her brother due to the fear of losing anyone else, and instead choosing to stay at the church to make sure no one else left it. She kept her eyes on her family, occasionally drifting over to Gabriel with a cautious look. He could have friends. We should've checked the woods better. Those were the only thoughts that rushed through her mind, prying into her.

Hearing the door to the church creak open, Adeline dropped her hand to the hilt of her pistol, curling her fingers around the rough texture. When the familiar figures of her brother, Tyreese, and Sasha stepped through - she allowed her guard to fall as she approached them. "Anything?" She questioned, a worried look on her face.

Rick shook his head silently, meeting eyes of his sister as she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. Watching as she shifted anxiously on her feet, he placed a hand around her wrist and pulled her attention back to him. "We'll find them." He assured, trying to calm her.

"Will we?" Adeline retorted, allowing her fear to control her actions as she lowered herself down into one of the pews with a look of exhaustion wavering against her features. She watched as the sister of Tyreese began to approach a pacing Gabriel, the woman giving him a look that could kill.

"Stop." Sasha instructed, causing the priest to turn around with furrowed brows. "What are you doing?" The sniper continued, Gabriel taking a small step towards him as she mimicked his movements. "What are you doing? This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone." She spoke intimidatingly.

The priest shook his head, "I... I don't... I don't have anything to do with this." He informed - raising his hands defensively. Adeline watched from the pews as Sasha's hand trailed down to her knife, hastily pulling it out of its sheath. The widow stood up, Rosita springing from her spot and attempting to stop the woman but was instead held back by Abraham.

"Sasha, put it away." Tyreese instructed, the floorboards creaking underneath the weight of Adeline as she inched closer to Sasha. "Who's out there?" She continued, taking steps towards Gabriel as he fearfully backed away. "I- I don't have anything to do with this." He begged.

"Where are our people?" Sasha questioned, anger glimmering in her features as the priest repeated his statement from before. "Where are our people?!" She screamed, her voice cracking with fury as the man in front of her flinched. Adeline took a step closer to the woman, her anger resembling the same one that roared inside of her when she lost Shane. "Sasha..." She started, voice low.