예순다섯

Jinyoung had been walking around for the past two hours. Now he knew that the car parked at the corner right in front of the yellow house with four windows and two balconies with iron and glass railings was a white Kia Sportage whose owner came from Gwanju, and that it took exactly twelve steps to cross the road to arrive to the other sidewalk where there was a pretty little cat cafe, or that in front of the green park lived an old lady who liked singing her lungs out to old Korean artists. He also kept count of the cars that passed by: thirty two were white, twenty seven black, twenty five grey, fourteen red and just three green. But, as hard as he tried, he couldn't just forget about what happened after he sorted everything out with Jaebeom since well... that was the reason why he was roaming in the streets like a homeless person. They had spoken for about two other hours because it seemed like they really enjoyed sharing their thoughts and couldn't get tired of the other's company and ended up setting up a meeting in order to speak face to face since they still had a lot of things to talk about. Jinyoung believed that meeting in person was the best way to solve all the problems they had. But now that he thought about it, now that his nerves were kicking in, he started to regret his suggestion. Maybe he wasn't really ready to see him in real life, after all. The last time you met him you two kissed his brain reminded him and that didn't exactly help him feel better. He sighed and spotted a yellow car passing by in the street so he tried to keep his mind occupied by adding it to a new category of cars. He absentmindedly ran a hand though his brown hair and looked in front of him to see the familiar ivory building that faced the curtains of the antique shop that was behind his shoulders. Without even looking at its window, he could perfectly remember the wooden globe that was placed in the middle of a lot of other ancient things such as telescopes or crystal chandeliers and golden candelabra. Just as he could remember the tasty pastries he saw in the bakery built next to the barber shop at the end of the street. Now that he thought about it, he was starving but the only idea of introducing food in his body made his stomach churn in disgust as his anxious state made him feel uneasy and a bit nauseous.
Jinyoung's eyes then got attracted by someone who was walking in his direction, just like a wave of other people. He soon realized that, while the others were looking behind him, maybe aiming to some of the shops that were at the beginning of the big shopping street, that person, a very stunning boy, was looking at him, his glance heavy and steady on his figure. He squinted his eyes to study the familiar features of that guy and felt his heart skip a bit: that was Jaebeom, in a blue coat with a furry hood, a pair of ripped skinny jeans and white sneakers. He looked so stunning that Jinyoung felt his breath get stuck in his throat. His raven hair looked really soft and framed his face which skin made a stark contrast with his thick and sharp eyebrows that made his brown eyes breathtaking. And those two moles right under his left brow? They were so powerful that they made Jinyoung shake in his pants. And if you put all of that with his plump rosy lips that literally screamed "kiss me!", that was the perfect cocktail to kill him right there and then.
Their eyes were glued together as Jaebeom took his last few step to approach a speechless Jinyoung who could only look at the guy in front of him trying to remember how many red cars he had seen to focus on something else so that he could put some order in his brain. But he couldn't get himself to think about it, his eyes unfortunately locking with Jaebeom's.
«Hi! Are you okay? You look a little pale.» Stated the boy, his white teeth shining under the light of the sun as he smiled so innocently and widely.
«Uh? Ah, yeah, don't worry.» Jinyoung laughed trying not to look like an idiot while he played with his hands, unable to get rid of the terribile anxiety that followed him everywhere like a trustworthy companion. «Since you like cats, I decided to bring you here because there's an amazing cat cafe. They even make the best hot chocolate with marshmallows in the entire universe.» He smiled in an attempt not to show his awkwardness.
Jaebeom, probably understanding that something was wrong with Jinyoung, only nodded with a smile thinking that maybe they could actually go somewhere with their relationship.