ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ - ᴊ. ʀᴇʏᴇs

(Y/A): your age
--------
jaime reyes/ blue beetle x reader
requested by: Polli2123
picture credits: onipilot on Tumblr
-------
Your P.O.V

I walk to the training deck with the rest of the team; Black Canary had called us for a meeting of some sort.

"Alright, I want you guys to break off into teams of 2!" She orders as she holds a 2 in the air. As I look around, everyone has partnered up, except for one person.

Damn, they move quickly... I thought.

"Jaime! (Y/N)! Team up!" Black Canary shouts as she sees we're the only two without a partner. Man, it couldn't have been Gar or Bart; but, it had to be the boy I have the biggest crush on. Jaime walks up to me and rubs the back of his neck.

"Guess we're partners..." He says nervously.

"Yup..." I agree, leading the conversation into an awkward silence. The sound of fighting around me brings me out of my daydream. I crouch down into a fighting pose.

"Ok, let's get this party started." I say with a smirk on my face, feigning a confident voice. He smiles right back and the Blue Beetle armor emerges from Scarab. Blue shoots his right plasma cannon at me as I dodge them with my... Wait a second... I didn't introduce myself!

*freeze frame*

*a little me walks into the frame*

My name is (Y/N) and I'm (Y/A) years old.
I'm apart of the Young Justice team with my future cousin, Bart and we bring the heat with our speed.

*she runs off the screen*

*unfreeze frame*

Blue shoots his right plasma cannon at me multiple times and I continuously dodge them with my super speed. He tries to shoot his sonar cannon but he can't hit me! He starts flying, trying to see if he can land a blast on me, but to no luck! He returns to the ground and comes running at me.

Ah, the hand-to-hand combat approach... I say in my head.

He swings at me and I dodge again; this time, instead of staying on defense, I go for a more offensive approach. In the midst of my dodging, I land a punch to his stomach. He bends over in pain and groans. Maybe I hit him a little too hard?

"Jaime, are you okay?" I ask. His groaning ceases and he looks up at me and smirks.

I've been tricked! I thought.

I try to get to my feet but he's already tackled me to the floor. With both of his arms on either side of my head, my (E/C) orbs get lost in his amber-glazed ones. We lay there for a couple seconds; I'm about to open my mouth and say something but Jaime beats me to it.

"(Y/N), I..." He starts and looks away, confident grin wiped off of his beautiful face. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Shut up..." He mumbles. I chuckle, assuming he's shutting down whatever comment Scarab just made. The Blue Beetle armor retracts from his face and he looks at me again, this time: determined.

"(Y/N), I really like you. I like the way you go into every situation with no fear, even when we don't know what to expect and I hope I'm not making a fool of myself when I say that you have the most gorgeous eyes I've ever stared into..." Jaime trails. His eyes move down to my lips and my eyes to his. We lean in slowly, until our lips are an inch away from touching. I look into his chocolate brown eyes and lean the extra inch. The kiss is slow but passionate. I feel myself start to vibrate with excitement, as this... is my first kiss! He brushes his armored hand along my cheek and I feel myself moan. It doesn't get to heated because I hear the clearing of someone's throat. I guess Jaime heard it too because he pulls away too. We turn our heads to the right and see the team, along with Black Canary, staring at us. I feel all the blood in my body rush to my face.

"I'm glad that you guys have finally confessed your feelings for each other but the rest of us are trying to train." Black Canary states matter-of-factly.

"Lo siento..." Jaime apologizes in Spanish and gets on his feet. I'm still laying on the floor staring off into space until I see a hand come into view. Jaime's hand comes into focus, extended. I look up to him from my spot on the ground and he smiles his gorgeous smile at me. Then, I look around and see that everyone has gone back to training. I gladly accept his offer and he yanks me into his armored chest. He's a lot stronger than I thought he was... or is it just the armor?

"Is that what happens when you get excited?" He whispers in my ear with a low, sultry voice. He straightens his form and looks down at me. I look up, right back at him, confused and aroused.

"What are yo-" I stop and look down.

He's talking about the vibrating... I realized. I look back up at him and his eyebrow is quirked.

That's right. I still haven't answered him... I reminded myself.

"Uh, yeah. It's just something I do, I can't really help it..." I reply nervously, my face still pressed against his chest. He lowers his head near my ear again, hot breath on my ear.

"I'm not complaining, I was just curious..." He says with his attractive Spanish accent. I hear a wind rush past me and I immediately know it's Bart.

"C'mon guys! The team's leaving!" He exclaims and I look to the entrance to see them exiting. Jaime, whose strong arms are still around my figure, removes them and starts to walk to the rest of the team. I stand there on the training deck, stunned.

"Score..." Bart whispers in my direction as he speeds out the door. I playfully roll my eyes at his comment and start heading for the door. Now that Jaime and I have, according to Black Canary, 'confessed our love for each other', I wonder how the team dynamic will change... I wonder as I finally exit the training deck and catch up with the team. I look for Jaime, but he's nowhere in sight... I feel a gloved hand slips into mine. My head instantly turns to the right and I see Jaime, smug look accompanying his flawless skin. He winks at me and looks forwards. I smile and look ahead, head held high and confidence off the charts.

[Words: 1090]

(A/N: I am SO SORRY that this took so long! I've been busier than usual these past couple of weeks and I hope it was worth the wait. Again, so sorry for taking so long 😅...)