ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ - ᴘ. ɪsʟᴇʏ (ᴘᴛ. 2)

pamela isley/ poison ivy x reader
picture credits: DC Comics: Batman #26, Joshua Middleton
———————
Your P.O.V

As Selina pushes the door open, the sun shines in. I've seen the sun shine plenty of times; however, this time, it feels like it's shining brighter! Selina and I walk out hand in hand and walk down the path. I stop, I turn back towards the greenhouse and book it. Selina releases my hand and turns backwards.

"(Y/N)! Where are you going?" She yells after me. As I run through the front doors, Mom's attention returns to me. I stop in front of Mom and stand patiently. She smiles and quirks an eyebrow at me.

"Yes?" She asks amusingly at the same time Selina reenters the greenhouse.

"I have 2 more questions for you, Mom." I respond simply. She ushers me to go on.

"One! Can I get a phone?" I question with joy in my voice. She dwells upon the thought. She no longer has anything to hide, she's got nothing to lose!

"Ok." She responds simply. Her plants bring a couple hundreds and she hands them to me.

"I think you're responsible enough to purchase your own phone, yes?" Mom confirms.

"Definitely!" I reply excitedly.

"And your second question?" Mom inquires.

"That's right! Can I go to school? Like a public school?" I ask hopefully. Mom's eyes widen like saucers.

"It's not that I don't like being homeschooled! I love to learn at my own pace and eat whenever I want!" I reason.

"But...?" Mom persists.

"But... I want to experience school with other kids, kids my age..." I settle. She looks deep in thought for this one.

"At the end of the day, I'll have an answer for you. You can call me on your new phone." She winks and I get excited all over again. This time, I grasp Selina's hand and sprint out the doors. We hop into her 2019 Jaguar XE, a present from Bruce I'm sure... Within minutes, we leave the outskirts and enter the heart. Since today I'm really free, there are a couple of things I want to do.

"Selina?" I ask.

"Hmm?" She hums in tune with the engine. She parks the car, a couple blocks from Wayne Enterprises might I add.

"I want to go to Wayne Enterprises." I say, smirk on my face. She stops dead in her tracks. She realizes this looks suspicious and continues getting out of her car. She walks towards me at a slow pace. She glances at me from the side of her eye.

"Why do you want to go there?" She asks, slightly sweating. I snicker inwardly.

"Just to see how things operate in Gotham, what they do there, things like that." I reply innocently. She narrows her eyes and I give her a big smile.

"Ok..." She responds cautiously. Little does she know that I want to see this "Bruce Wayne" she's been talking about... We walk down the streets of Gotham. Selina wears black skinny jeans and a loose white blouse. Since she's 5'11, she sports flats instead of heels; to top it all off, pearls hang loosely from her neck and cat-eye glasses sit atop her head. Me? Well, I opted for a flowy (F/C) dress accompanied with a black leather jacket and strappy black sandals. Yeah, my style is pretty... unique. We're so close to Wayne Enterprises when someone slaps Selina on the butt. We both stop, though for different reasons. I stop because I'm shocked and Selina stops because she's angry. I squeeze her hand, she looks down at me and I look up at her. Her features soften and we continue walking. I'm glad we avoided a potential disaster. We walk through the doors of Wayne Enterprises and Selina's hand starts sweating. She's nervous, I smirk in my head. As we walk around the ground floor, someone calls Selina's name.