ᴡᴀʏɴᴇ ɢᴀʟᴀ - ʙ. ᴡᴀʏɴᴇ

(B/N)= Boy Name

(F/C)= Favorite Color

(S/C)= Skin Color
——————————————
bruce wayne/ batman x reader
——————————————
Your P.O.V.

Today is Bruce's birthday; so naturally, there was a gala tonight and I wanted to do something special...

I may have a small crush on Gotham's favorite prince, but who wouldn't? Not that he would feel the same way about me though; he's the prince and I'm the lowly towel girl.

Of course, he never saw me that way.

We've known each other since we were kids, but there is little to no chance that he actually reciprocates my feelings.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand... since he was a billionaire, he could buy anything he wanted to; so, it couldn't be a materialistic object. It had to be something from the heart; very thoughtful.

Bruce was a serious man and I just couldn't think of what to get him. I mean, of course I know of his "nightly activities":

'Billionaire Bruce Wayne by day, Caped Crusader Batman by night'.

Even though I may be childhood friends with Bruce Wayne, I would be SO embarrassed to be asking for his money all the time... I'm not just some charity case!

I have to make money somehow so.......I get a job like anyone else; who do you think I am? Catwoman?!

Nope, not a villain, I work my ass off to pay for me and my son, (B/N), like any other sane person.

Moving forward, I get ready for the gala. I wear a (F/C) pair of pumps to compliments the (F/C) dress Bruce insisted on buying me.

I have light make up on that goes well with my (S/C) skin and some jewelry: earrings, a ring and a necklace Bruce gave to me last year for my birthday.

It looked terribly expensive, so I tried to give it back to him because I told him I wasn't worth all of that. Naturally, he disagreed with me; so I kept it dear.

I patiently waited for the limo Bruce sent me to come and pick me up.

Bruce's P.O.V

Tonight was the night of my Annual Birthday Gala. I hated these things, who knew what was going on outside of this place. Someone could be getting mugged, Joker could be torturing some people or a person and I couldn't do anything because I can't just disappear at my OWN birthday party. I was already in my blue and black suit. I hope (Y/N) is safe on her way to the gala. It would be very nerve-wrecking to know that she wasn't safe, I'm pretty sure she is though, the limo I sent to pick her up should keep her safe from this unholy city...All I want is her to feel the same way about me. That would be the best birthday gift of all time. better than my mountain of gifts I receive every year.

Later that night, at the Gala

Your P.O.V

I enter the large space and am not surprised at all. I mean, this is Bruce Wayne we're talking about.

He rented (or probably bought the entire space to never use again) the place and I walk in and go straight to the bar.

I need a serious drink.

I have a few drinks and get a bit dizzy. I slightly stumble around until I bump into someone. I look up to see...Bruce Wayne. He looks down on me, not in a bad way it's just that I'm shorter than him, and asks,

"(Y/N), are you drunk?" Bruce asks with concern.

"You know it handsome." I say without having control of my mouth. He looked a bit taken back but that was all.

Music was softly playing in the background until a tango song comes on. Bruce knows he can dance because his mother put him in ballroom dancing when he was 9 and I know too so I pull him on the dance floor. At this point, I don't even have control of my actions anymore but he doesn't protest so I continue my actions.

Time Skip: til' after the Tango because I'm lame and can't write that

I swing my leg around Bruce and he dips me. Our foreheads are close, and we kiss. It's slow and passionate because, how would it not be after we just did this dance?!

"Happy Birthday, Brucey-boy." I say with a lopsided smile on my face.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." Bruce replies, smiling and flashing those pearly whites.

Everyone around us claps and we are removed from our little world. I'm sure I wouldn't remember this the next morning but Bruce sure would.

------------------------------------------------

(A/N: I personally don't see Batman in that kind of light, romantically that is. But Batman is super bad ass and deserves a one-shot on his birthday. At least I think it is since everywhere I search is a different day. BUT, I got an email saying that I was "invited to Bruce Wayne's Birthday Ball so...anyway, hope you liked it. I know this is kinda OOC, my bad :))