Forever

Ty

I rolled over and snuggled up to Shay, as she slept peacefully in bed. She moaned in her sleep and gladly accepted my arms. Her hair smelled like the açaí berry and mango shampoo that she used. I couldn't resist kissing her neck even though I tried not to disrupt her sleep. "Stoppp," she moaned. "You don't want me to." I caressed her thighs and brushed up against her but. "Mmm, you smell so good witcho fine ass." She reached behind her and stroked my neck. "Why you always pushing up on me?" "Cuz *kiss* I'm *kiss* in *kiss* love *kiss* with *kiss* you *kiss*" I reached between her legs and grabbed her pussy. "You're not getting any." I held her close and started to grind on her slowly. "I need to tell you something." She rolled over and smiled, staring to my eyes.

Me: I...uhh...

She stroked my face gently. I could see the love in her eyes.

Me: I have something for you.

Shayla: What is it?

I reached around my neck and unhooked my chain. I never took it off except for basketball practice and games. It was a basketball senior night gift from my mother. When my grandma passed, I added a diamond pendant with her face in the middle. My mom let me have my grandma's diamond wedding band. It was an eternity band with alternating marquise diamond shapes. My mom knew I loved it. I was fascinated with it since I was a kid. So she wanted me to have it.

Shayla: Your grandma's ring?

Ty: You are the love of my life and you make me feel like I can be my entire self with no restrictions. You encourage me and you support me. And it makes me feel like the strongest woman in the world when you lean on me back. I hope that this love lasts forever. You light a flame in me that makes me feel like I can do anything in the world. But, only if you're there too. I want to travel the world with you. I want you courtside with me. I want to support you in your dreams and I want to see you excel. I want to have your babies and you have mine. I would be lying if I said I didn't envision our whole lives before I even spoke one word to you. I know in my heart that God created you for me and there will be people that hate us together, but I don't care about those people anymore and it's because of you. I love you so much that I'd tat your name on me the day you became officially mine. I also know that you love me more than anybody you've ever loved before. I can feel it in your embrace. I could feel it in your tears awhile back when I almost lost you. I can feel it right now. Your love literally surrounds me. I don't ever wanna lose this feeling. And I don't want to wait. I would like to get married this summer. I want to be your wife. This ring is my promise that I'll be yours forever.

Shayla was crying at this point. I took her hand and slid the ring on her finger. It fit perfectly because I had taken one of her rings to size match and had it resized according to her ring finger. After placing it on her hand, I interlocked my fingers with hers and leaned in, to kiss her. "I love you, baby." I replied "I love you more," kissing her more passionately.

Shayla

Me: This summer, huh?

Ty: Mmhmm.

Me: So...what are we gonna do?

Ty: I was thinking we'd run off somewhere and get married like the rebels we are.

Me: Our parents would flip!

Ty: But a romantic getaway with just you and me sounds amazing. I'd spend the whole time making love to you and feeding you exotic fruits and sipping mimosas.

Me: Okay...so after we get back from our romantic wedding getaway, where are we going to live?

Ty: I was thinking we could rent us a cute little house for a year until we graduate...see where I go in the draft and then we can buy a house in our new city.

Me: Are you going to go overseas?

Ty: I don't really want to. That's why you need to open your tech firm, so you can make us rich, since WNBA salaries are basura. Then you can take care of me for the rest of our lives.

Me: Me take care of you?

Ty: Mmhmm. I'll take care of you in return...in other ways...

Me: You're so nasty.

Ty: I'll cook you breakfast every morning, butt naked just like you like it.

Me: Mmm...

Ty: I think I'll get some endorsements though. Nike or Jordan. I want a signature shoe and a Powerade deal. And then I want to be on the cover of the ESPN Body Issue.

Me: Babe, if they put you in the body issue, I'm blowing up every photo to mural size and putting them in our house.

Ty: You think I'm that sexy?

Me: I can just picture the shots. Your body is so dope and I'm not just saying that because you're my girl. You're like a work of art. Dope tattoos. Perfectly sculpted and toned.

Ty: As soon as I get an agent, it's the first thing I'm asking for. I want shoes and a Body shoot. And while I'm out here displaying my sexy body for the world, you can create something technologically dope.

Me: I have an idea.

Ty: What's that?

Me: I used to nanny in high school right. And the mom would always say "why don't the teachers send a damn answer key home for this homework?" She'd always say that the moms would complain to each other about it during play dates and lunch. So I'm...working on an app for teachers where they can go in and submit the answer key for parental access only. One click of a button, like mass emails and parents can more effectively help their kids with homework. And I want to create a whole line of apps to streamline educational materials for educators. Something that will make their jobs easier and also provide parents resources to help teachers manage their kids' education.

Ty: Yo. When I was a kid, my mom used to try to help me with my math homework and she'd get so frustrated because she'd forgotten all that stuff.

Me: Exactly!

Ty: So you're already working on it?

Me: I've been working on it for two years off and on. I've taken app developer courses and I've been going over other educational apps trying to see what they offer and how I can offer something even better. My dad sent me to this camp and the guy who teaches the camp is a developer and he spits out tons of apps each year. Anything you can think of. I've got an internship with him. He went to OU. Lives up in Nichols Hills. The dude's an app genius. I either want to partner with him and release it with him or have him mentor me and start my own company. I want to be the millennial who changes the way millennials get jobs forever. I envision a company where everything is fully operated from home. The employees are home based. I want to provide the freedom of everything traditional workplaces don't offer. I want working moms, stay at home moms, fresh college graduates, single dads.

Ty: And while we're doing all this, what about kids?

Me: I'd give you a baby right now, if you wanted one.

Ty: I wish we could make one.

Me: We can pretend.

Ty: Come here.

Ty pulled her close and held her, kissing her lips and smiling, staring into her eyes. "I'm going to be your wife..." Shayla smiled back, accepting her kisses.