Intro

Shay sat at her desk in her bedroom studying for her Statistics quiz. She was puzzled. She thought she had grasped Binomial Distributions when her TA reviewed it in Stats lab, but she was struggling. She was stumped. Every problem she did, the answer didn't match the one given in the study guide.

Shayla (Shay) Woods was a 20 year old from Dallas, TX. She'd come from a very successful family. Her mother was a Superintendent at one of the top charter schools in the metroplex. Her father was an IT manager at the second largest IT company in the state of Texas. Shay developed a passion for technology at a young age. She loved to watch her dad solve all their computer problems. Her fascination grew. She spent many late nights playing around with software and coding. Her dad sent her to technology camp every summer starting in middle school.

Shayla was now a junior at the University of Oklahoma. She was studying for a Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems and wanted to pursue a career as a Systems Analyst. She'd maintained a 3.5 GPA until this point, but Statistics was killing her. She picked her phone to text her friend from lab, Tyanna Yates (pronounced Tie-aw-nuh) aka Ty.

Shayla: Hey girl! Have you looked at these practice problems? I can't figure this shit out and I'm about to give up. 🥴

Ty: Hey! I actually was grabbing some food and I was going home to study. I can grab my stuff and come over and we can work on it together.

Shay: You would be saving my life.

Ty: Alright! I'll be there in 15 mins. What's your address?

Shay sent her the address and took a break to straighten up her apartment. Ty was always her go to for help because she had a crush on her. A big one. They studied together at least one a week, usually in the library or one of the study room on campus.