"You can wear one of mine," Sammy offered.

"It's fine," Katelyn reassured her. "I don't really care anyways. It's just Headmistress's attempt to make the next few months less awkward."

"Well, I'm going to take a shower," Jane said. "You coming?"

"Yeah," Sammy said. "Katelyn?"

"Sure," Katelyn agreed, grabbing her messenger bag. "I need to study for the German test tomorrow anyways."

"You're German is fine," Sammy replied. "Can I curl your hair?"

"You just did my eyebrows yesterday..." Katelyn complained.

"I promise it won't hurt," Sammy teased.

"Fine,"

Everyone has mixed feelings about the boys. Some girls thought it was exciting while others had a more hostile attitude. The one thing in common was probably the fun of a banquet. Good food and dressing up, Katelyn guessed it couldn't be that bad.

"Why do you always wear that white dress?" Jane asked as she blew dried her hair.

"I don't know," Katelyn said, capping her mascara. "It's just the one dress I own."

Yes, she only owned one dress. It served all purposes though. It was a simple white dress with gold details along the hem and bust area. Spaghetti straps and a little shorter than knee length, Katelyn could dress it up or down.

"Which one?" Sammy asked, holding up a pink lace dress and a tight fitting black dress with peach panels.

"Black," Jane said. "Pair it with those cute black boots."

"Okay," Sammy said, laying it on her bed. "Katelyn, which shoes are you wearing?"

"Probably my flats-"

"You have to wear these," Jane said, opening her wardrobe. "We're the same size," she added, handing Katelyn a pair of strappy gold sandals with a heel.

"I don't know-"

"You walk fine in heels," Sammy reminded Katelyn. "You do gymnastics."

"Fine," Katelyn sighed, knowing it was a losing argument.

Jane smiled, satisfied and then went to change into her one shouldered black dress.

"We're like an Oreo," Katelyn observed as they walked down the hall. Two black dresses and a white dress.

Jane and Sammy linked arms with her. "That's fine," Sammy giggled. "Oreos are delicious."

Katelyn was betting on the fact that Derek wouldn't notice her. Even dressed up, people seldom noticed her, making it quite simple to blend into the background.

"Hi," Rachel greeted Katelyn and her friends as they stepped into the dimly lit cafeteria.

"Well, this is cozy," Katelyn observed. "They made everything fancy."

"Yup," Rachel said, flipping her perfect blonde curls over her shoulder. She was wearing a short ice blue dress that matched her eyes. "They even covered the tables with white table clothes and added center pieces."

"Are we expected to sit together or something?" Jane whispered.

So far, the boys were on one side of the cafeteria and the senior girls were on the other.

"Probably," Rachel said, shrugging. "I'll go invite one of them to sit with us. You want to come?"

"I-"