Legendary

Chapter 1: Legendary

We, the daughters of Grace Marshall, swear to bring worldwide peace and justice.

We place our duty before ourselves and dedicate our entire lives to the International Affairs, just as our sisters before us did.

By our blood, tears and sweat, we protect the innocents of the world.

A mission that the male race failed, we will succeed or die trying.

To fight we stand

To surrender we fall...

History has been secretly altered by the world's most looked down upon people; women. Ever since the beginnings of civilization, they have been silenced and hidden away. They were denied education, denied rights and forced to submit to the will of a man.

Not every woman will submit to such a fate though. The most legendary woman that ever lived was Grace Marshall. During the American Revolution, she and a few other wives banded together. The war was dragging on much too long and it was time to take matters into their own hands. They formed a secret society and began learning what had been denied of them for ages. They became educated, they became fit, they became spies...

After the American Revolution ended, Grace Marshall knew it was because of the women. America was now an independent country and they owed that to the female race. Of course, no one would admit that. No woman received a pension or reward for her heroic deeds. History left no record of them.

Grace, however, had other plans. So many women lost their lives for their country and they will soon be forgotten as time passes. Grace pooled in all her money and opened a small parlor school only for young girls. From that point on, the era of female spies began.

Almost a century later, a giant school opened. Grace Marshall never lived to see her small dream grow into a worldwide renowned academy but Grace Marshall's Academy for Prestigious Young Girls became the world's most elite boarding school recruiting girls from all over the world.

To the outside world, it is a school for only the top students in the world but the hundreds of girls attending were spies in training. From a young age, they began learning languages, combat, sciences, and the unknown history of their kind.

After graduation, the girls begin working in a program called the International Affairs. They are divided up into different parts of the world. Each person played their own role, whether it was in the dangerous Co Ops field or the mentally demanding science labs.

Katelyn Hathaway sat on the shores of a beach. It was her final summer vacation. The last chance for her to live for herself. It would soon be her final year at the academy. As soon as summer was over, Katelyn would be diving into her senior year. 

The ocean waves lapped at the shores over and over. Katelyn always had a fondness for the ocean. The warm sand and the rhythm of the oceans created a strangely peaceful pattern.

“Katelyn?” a soft voice called.

Katelyn turned. “Hey,” she said to her sister.

Susan took a seat next to her on the sand. “What are you thinking about?” she asked.

“Spying,” Katelyn said, smirking. “What else?”

Susan smiled back. “You ready to graduate?”

“Of course,” Katelyn replied. “This is what I’ve wanted all my life. I want to graduate the top of my class and go into Co Ops. I want to be the best of the best.”