The Break In

Chapter 6: The Break In

“Miss Smith, I have a question,” Katelyn said, raising her hand.

“Yes, Katelyn?” Miss Smith said, leaning against her desk. She always dressed head to toe in black.

“If you suspect someone is giving you a fake identity, how can you find out for sure?” Katelyn asked.

Miss Smith nodded. “Excellent question. Depends on what resources you have. If you were in the IA, a simple name search can confirm if the person actually exists. Other methods include photo identification in our database or fingerprint matching.”

Katelyn nodded. Jane raised her hand.

“What if you couldn’t reach a HQ computer?” she asked. “Would something like Google help?”

Miss Smith thought about it. “I highly doubt it,” she said. “Usually people we target are extremely private plus Google won’t have their entire profile on hold. Lucky for you girls, the computers at the academy aren’t limited to just Google. We’ll tie in computers to identity later in the year.”  

After classes, Jane, Sammy and Katelyn went to the library. Katelyn typed in “Derek Livingston” into the search engine.

“Livingston Enterprises,” Katelyn read. “Whoa,” she said, clicking on a link. “I would have never guessed that Derek was that kind of Livingston.”

“He is an actual rich boy,” Sammy observed. “We’re fake rich people.”

“What can you read up about him specifically?” Jane asked.

Katelyn clicked on a different link. “Here is a little biography about the family. The head of the company right now is Paul Livingston, Derek’s dad. Paul is remarried but I think Derek’s mom was the first wife.”

“Is she…passed away?” Sammy asked.

Katelyn typed in Tracy Livingston.

“Yeah,” Katelyn said, feeling bad for Derek. “His mom passed away when he was two with cancer.”

“Oh my gosh,” Sammy gasped. “That’s awful.”

“Look, he has a half-brother though,” Jane pointed out. “Son of the second wife, I’m assuming.”

“Lawrence Livingston,” Sammy read. “It says he’s the sole heir to the entire Livingston Enterprises.”

“What about Derek then?” Katelyn asked, switching to a different page. “He doesn’t get anything?”

“Look,” Sammy said, pointing to the screen. “It’s rumored that Derek Livingston left home at the age of twelve and now no one is really sure where he is.”

“Well, we know,” Katelyn said, staring at the screen.

“Check the other two guys,” Sammy suggested.

“Good idea,” Jane agreed.

“Cole Aro,” Katelyn said as she typed. “Nothing big,” she concluded after a few searches. “Son of military parents.”

“Aiden Yoon?”

“Hmm… Parents are quite well known in the science world,” Katelyn announced. “Marine biologists.”

“Doesn’t look like they’re around much,” Jane pointed out. “Look at all those articles they’ve written.”

“That’s pretty Asian,” Sammy said. “No offense, Katelyn.”

“Only half offensive,” Katelyn said, teasingly.

“Wait,” Jane said just as Katelyn was about to x out the page.

International Affairsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें