Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

I shifted a little, trying to hide behind Elena. She gave me a confused look, before offering me her hand. I clung to it quickly, feeling her strength and comfort when she squeezed my hand. I had no idea how to even express to anyone about Alaric. I looked at him, he seemed like Alaric to me but the memory of being my head smacking hard against the door was still fresh in my mind.

I felt strong hands on my shoulders and screamed. I had been so lost to my thoughts; I hadn't heard someone sneak up behind me. Elena whipped around so fast before she glared.

"Seriously, Jer. Stop sneaking up on her." she growled.

My hand flew over my mouth as I tried to calm myself before narrowing my eyes at Jeremy who looked at me in confusion. I always knew when it was him, but I felt, jittery almost, like I had TOO much inside me and needed to burn it off.

"Let's move this party to the living room, hopefully Jordan won't scream and blow my eardrums out." Damon smirked at me.

"I will sit next to you just so I can scream in your ear." I smiled at him.

We all walked into the living room; my eyes rolled when Jeremy dragged me to sit next to him. I made eye contact with Bonnie who mouthed 'later' at me. I gave a nod and sat next to him.

"I want to sit next to Damon." I whispered to Jeremy. I knew all the vampires could hear me perfectly.

"Why?"

"He said something about wanting his eardrum blown out."

Stefan shook his head with a laugh. Caroline snorted. Damon scowled.

"I did NOT say that." He pointed a finger my way. I gave my innocent face.

"I swear, that's what I heard."

"Me too!" Caroline jumped in with a smile at Damon.

"What now?" Elena asked, sitting on the armrest as she leaned closer to me.

"Wanting his eardrum blown out?" Jeremy sounded confused.

"I heard it as well." Elena nodded, raising a brow Damon's way.

Elena winked down at me as we heard Damon grumble about 'Gilberts'. 

I walked with Bonnie to Jeremy's car. I turned to her.

"What's wrong?"

"He won't tell me. I tired; I was hoping maybe you could?" she asked.

I nodded. She went to walk, and I grabbed her hand. I let go a second later when I felt something inside me starting to pull.

"Can we talk quickly? About the Gilbert rings?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" Bonnie leaned closer to me. I took a deep breath.

"Can they turn someone....evil?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

I bit my lip before taking a massive breath.

"When I went missing, it was Alaric. But something off about him. It was like the lights were on but nobody was home. He said something about cleansing the town, getting rid of the vampires."

"Are you sure it was..." she trailed off.

I nodded.

"I will look into it."

"Please, I'm scared that it could happen to Jeremy."

Bonnie hugged me tightly.

"He would never hurt you."

"I didn't think Alaric would either." I pointed out.

"Let me see what I can do. We will talk more about it soon, ok?"

I nodded. 

Driving home, I sighed and turned to Jeremy.

"We need to talk."

"I know." He answered. I frowned. Clearly, he needed to tell me something.

"Well, out with it. Don't make me pull the twin card."

"Something was different tonight....with the ring." He clarified. I nodded. He had been freaked and that wasn't normally like Jeremy. He was calm and collected.

"Yeah?" I encouraged him gently.

"I never noticed it before, but I could feel you. I mean like, really feel you Jordan. There was this darkness and somehow you took it away?" he frowned trying to find the words to explain it. I nodded.

"Yeah, I felt something." I agreed.

"How do you feel?" he asked.

"Fine, I guess." I shrugged.

Then my eyes widened. Me exploding at Kol. That rage, that anger. It had come from somewhere. Was it the darkness he was telling me about? The Gilbert rings effect. Was that why Jeremy hadn't gone dark side? Was I going dark side instead? Fear crawled along my skin and I shivered.

"Something is wrong with me Jer."

"What do you mean?" his tone sharp. I knew he was worried, and he was angry because it meant it was happening for a while now.

I sighed and took a massive breath.

"Let's go to the lake."