Adore You.

I felt as though I was walking on sunshine.

My cheeks were rosy red, my blue eyes sparkling, and my smile shining as I walked the dreary streets of London on this cold, winter day.

Everything felt anything short of gloom.

I'll admit, there had been a few rough patches lately.

I know it's not fair to think that everything was fixed now because Hero and I had sex.

It would take a while to get to a better place.

Particularly for Hero.

But I was enjoying this feeling while it lasted.

I practically skipped my way to work, getting a few odd looks here and there from Londoners.

Even my outfit was a bit brighter than normal, the spring vibe of my green sundress I wore under my black leather jacket stood out amongst the dark and dreary winter clothing most people were wearing.

I felt too warm on the inside to notice the chilly weather.

Audrey notices my change in demeanor as I come bounding into her office.

"Good morning, sunshine." She laughs, raising a brow at me.

"Good morning!" I greet her happily.

I remove my beanie and jacket before pulling a beige cardigan out of my bag.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Audrey asks suspiciously.

"Am I not always in a good mood?" I ask, pulling the cardigan over my shoulders.

Audrey looks at me with a look that says, 'did you really just ask me that?'.

I can't help but laugh. "I don't know! It's a beautiful day and I feel great."

"Did you bump your head or something? Should I call for a doctor?" Audrey giggles. "It's a rather shitty day as a matter of fact."

"Whatever, I'm going for coffee. Want some?"

Audrey shrugs. "Alright, but if I come you have to tell me what's got you all giddy."

"Fine." I groan, attempting to hide the smirk that was spreading across my lips.

Audrey stands from her desk and straightens out the wrinkles over her bump. She makes her way out of her office before passing by Timothy's office.

"We're getting coffee, do you want any?" She asks him.

He spins around in his chair, mid conversation on the phone. He shakes his head in response before mouthing a 'thank you' and turning back around.

I can't help but laugh when Audrey rolls her eyes, and I follow her towards the café in the lobby. "What?"

"I don't think there's ever a time of day when he's not on that damn phone." She growls.

I try to think of a response that would make her feel better, but I don't want to say the wrong thing. So, I simply smile and nod.

We get our coffee and have a seat in the lounge, watching museum visitors coming and going.

"So," Audrey says, turning towards me. "Spill."

I had told Audrey plenty about Hero.

Within reason, of course.

As a wife and mother to be, I figured she had a lot of experience when it came to relationships.

She had become like a second mother to me, someone I could look to for advice.

Advice that my mum was never able to give me.