S&S| take a minute.

Start from the beginning

"......probably."

"What you mean probably?"

"Yeah the house was a small factor of our problems but I think it's other shit too."

"Like what Nori?" An annoyed look fell over his face.

"This case....my boss."

His jaw clinched as soon as I said the last one. "The case...I don't think it's a good idea for us to be on the opposite ends. But I knew it was a possibility that it could happen. We just gotta learn how to separate the two. Never let work come home. The day you came in yelling and shit in front of Harlee, that shit was not cool. You had every right to be mad but don't be disrespectful."

"And I apologize for that Chris. This is just a very important case to me and I know you're not going to give William a break just because your girlfriend is lawyer. If I did something behind your back regarding this case, would you be okay with it?"

"No I wouldn't. But I probably wouldn't come yelling at you."

"Don't lie. You're even more hot headed than me."

"Depends on what you do."

"Mmhm."

"We just gotta keep business at work and I mean that with everything."

I knew that he was referring to Isiah. "Baby I promise it's not what you think with Isiah. I don't speak to him unless he approaches me. We're working on a case and that's the ONLY reason why he has my number. I'm sure there's people you don't like at work but you still have to communicate with them."

"Yeah but I never fucked them before."

I just shook my head. It's pointless to even try to convince him that nothing is happening.

Pulling my phone out my pocket, I was just about focus on that but he took it away.

"I wanna call my daughter, can I have that back?" I said.

"It's not you that I don't trust Nori. He knows how good of a woman you are and I do too and that's something I never want taken away from me. I love you, you're mine and only mine. I hate the thought of losing you. You were almost taken away from me in other ways..................I don't want to experience that again, ever."

That made me want to cry. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I know." He smiled and winked.

"Next subject....once we're settled I think we should fly our parents out."

"Our parents as in my mom and dad and just your mom right?"

"Chris you and my dad really need to bury the hatchet."

"Tell your pops that shit. He love to start with me and that ain't cool."

"It's not and that's why you both need to just talk."

"Yeah and the minute he say some crazy shit I'm knocking his old ass out. I ain't never did shit to him. I'm just trying to love on his daughter. Why he keep sweating me?"

"He's just being overprotective. You'll understand when Harlee is older and starts dating."

"Well she's not dating ever so I'll never find out."

I rolled my eyes. "You're annoying. My child will date."

"She won't. Her dad is in the FBI, I can make shit happen."

"Her mom is a lawyer, so can I."

"Touché Denoria."

I laughed before taking a sip from my drink. "We need to do things like this often. Some days it feels like we're losing that spice we used to have. We barely have sex now, feel like this is the first chance I've had to actually talk to you. What happened?"