THIRTYONE| best for us.

Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown

TWO WEEKS LATER

Walking onto my floor at work, I sighed. I know it's another hectic day ahead of me. Getting out of bed was so hard, I just wanted to lay with Nori then play the game when I got up.

This place just isn't the same, my Lieutenant was a crook, everything is basically in my hands even though Lieutenant Rodgers was in the same building and on top of that Corey is still out.

I need a break.

My birthday coming up too, maybe I need to plan a vacation.

"Brown." Rodgers called.

A fake smile peeled across my face. "How you doing Lieutenant?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good."

"Im glad to hear, meet me in my office in about 20 minutes, I have a few things to run by you."

"Okay."

"See you in a minute." He patted my shoulder then walked away. I went into my office and put my things away. Then started checking my email. All of the shit that I didn't need I deleted it. After doing some more stuff to kill time, I got up and headed upstairs to Lt. Rodgers office. I knocked on his door and waited for him to acknowledge me.

"Come in Chris, have a seat." He smiled. I walked over to the chairs in front of his desk and sat down.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"A lot, actually. These last six months after everything happened has been hectic. The people higher up have been on my back every ten seconds because the trust in this unit is shot and that's extremely understandable. A drug lords father was running it. And the the lost of trust didn't just come from my bosses, it came from your team member." He placed a bunch of papers in front of me and I grabbed them.

"Resignation letters?"

"Yes, from half of the team. A lot of them were upset about the whole situation and they felt like because the Mani case went on for as long as it did, you were in on it. Now I have to ask, did you know about Mani being Lt. Evans son?"

"I'm the one that came to you about it right? Why would I snitch on him knowing he could turn around and do the same to me?"

"It's protocol for me to ask Brown, relax."

I exhaled. "So What does this mean? I no longer have the manpower on my team, so am I out of a job now?"

"You would be placed on a paid leave until we find people to replace them but I'm going to be honest with you Chris, they want this unit shut down."

My hands ran over my face. "This shit is just getting worse and worse."

"It's all unfortunate and I feel terrible. I know you're an amazing agent, I've seen you close cases faster than people who have more experience than you do and I don't want you to be out on a limb because of the stupid mistakes Evans made."