FOURTEEN| keep an eye out.

Nori Samuels

Nori Samuels

MONDAY AFTERNOON

Today I started my training, I had to get up early as hell and it was the worst thing ever. I haven't done that in a while. But I'm ready to make some money!

Things have been really quiet around Chris's house and it's driving me insane. He has a little attitude and I'd be lying if I said I didn't care. It's hard to sleep in the same bed with someone and they won't speak to you, let alone look at you.

Can't believe he's this upset about California.

The most he's said to me was I'm taking you to work after he saw me about to get an Uber. It's been killing me not having nobody to talk to especially now that I'm on lunch.

Grabbing my phone out of my purse, I dialed my brother's number. I definitely want to go spend some time with my parents after I get off.

"Hello." DJ answered.

"Hi Teddy."

"Wassup baby sis."

"What are you doing?"

"Shit, chilling. What about you?"

"I'm on my lunch break, bored as ever."

"Damn you working? Chris got an agent watching while you there or something, right?"

"No, this is what I need to do in order to feel normal again. I'm good out here anyway."

"Hell naw Nori. It's too soon for that."

"It's not Teddy. I need money, I can't sit in the house all day. I need this to keep my mind clear."

"If you need money I got you Denoria. I'm not cool with you being out here working and ain't nobody watching you."

Rolling my eyes, I picked at my food. "So you would probably think moving to California is a bad idea too huh?"

"Why would you move to Cali?"

"A fresh start."

"I thought you'd be moving back to Virginia once this was over."

"Maybe, I don't know yet."

"I didn't think you'd leave New York cause of you and Chris to be honest."