TWENTYEIGHT| road to recovery.

Omniscient

Nori sat on the couch near the window in her hospital room, just looking out at the city. It's been two weeks since everything has happened and she was still admitted. She's currently on suicide watch after her mother found a sheet tied up in the closet. She was free physically but mentally Mani still haunted her.

She barely eats, barely sleeps. Nori was in shambles. It would be a while before she was back to her normal self. Her parents haven't told Nori about her being pregnant. They think that with her mind-state it's best to hold off on letting her know. That caused another confrontation with Chris. He feels the longer they wait the worse her reaction will be.

Speaking of Chris, he walked into Nori's hospital room with breakfast in his hand. It's what he felt like was his millionth attempt to get her to eat. He slowly walked over to her then took a seat on the couch. Nori's eyes fluttered to him, the back to the window.

"Hey baby." He spoke.

"Hi."

"How you feeling?"

She shrugged.

"I brought you some food." Chris said. "I didn't know what you had taste for so I brought...everything." He chuckled. "You want to eat now or wait a little while."

Nori looked at the bags of food. She appreciated everything he was doing but she really didn't have an appetite. "I'm not hungry. Thanks though."

"Can you just try? You know the longer you refuse to eat the longer they'll keep you in here."

"They're keeping me here because they think I'm crazy."

"You're not crazy Denoria."

"Then why are they treating me like I am?"

"They just want you to be okay when you leave. You've been through a lot, probably experiencing PTSD. You're not going to completely bounce back over night."

"Every time I close my eyes I just see them stabbing me." Her eyes filled with tears. "I can hear his evil laugh in my head. He's telling me that he's still going to get me. The voices just won't stop Chris. I just want them to stop."

Chris pulled her into his arms. "It's going to be okay Nori."

"When?! I'm tired of being like this! This man is dead and still torturing me. I'm going to be in this hospital forever because this shit won't stop."

"Honestly them keeping you locked up in this room isn't going to make you any better. What if I ask to take you for a walk? Maybe you need to get out of here for a little bit. You want to do that?"

Nori nodded.

"Alright baby, let me call a doctor in here. Okay?"

"Okay."

Chris let her go then walked out to the nurses station. "Excuse me, Where's the Nurse in charge of Denoria Samuels?"

"That would be me." The nurse behind the computer said. "How can I help you?"

"I was wondering if it would be possible for me to take her to the little sitting area outside, the one near the food court."

"I don't know about that. She's on suicide watch for another 48 hours."

"What could she possibly do sitting out there? One of y'all can come watch if that'll make things easier. She's sitting in that room all day and it's not helping her situation. Just an hour, that's all I need."

The nurse exhaled. "I have other patients so I can't do it."

"Look I'm just taking her outside to the sitting area for about an hour, maybe less. I just want her to get some fresh air. We'll be back before you have to do rounds."