Pine Hollow

Summary: Lisa first comes to Pine hollow stables and wants to make friends. Veronica makes friends with her, but soon puts something on a horse's saddle to frighten the horse. Can Lisa get Carole to help her, or will the rider get hurt? Read to find out.

It was a sunny, bright day. As some would say, "Not a cloud in the sky." Carole and Stevie were riding their horses.

"Hey, let's race to the driveway," Carole said.

"I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't. We'll be going on the trail in a week or two."

"Stevie, it's only to the driveway."

"Well, if you insist," Stevie agreed finally.

They raced to the driveway on their horses.

Carole rode Starlight, a pretty brown horse that could probably be in a race and get in second or their place, because of how fast he could gallop if he was allowed to. Stevie rode Comanche, a pretty brown horse until it got to the middle of his back, which looked black.

Meanwhile on the road, Lisa's mom was driving her to Pine hollow.

"I don't know about this. I'm so nervous. What if the other girls don't like me?"

"Lisa, honey, just work on giving them a first good impression.

"Okay, I'll give it a try."

"Good, because I think you'll love it."

Just then on her side, Lisa saw Carole and Stevie riding their horses behind some signs. Stevie had a bay horse. Carole had a dark bay horse. Lisa was amazed by how beautiful and graceful the horses were, and the skills of the riders. She absolutely loved horses.

Suddenly, they rode right in front of the car.

"Mom, watch out!" Lisa yelled.

"What?"

When her mom saw them, she slammed on the breaks heard, and the breaks squealed, and the car stopped. They got out and went over to them.

"Whoa, easy boy. It's okay," Stevie said while stroking Comanche's neck.

The girls dismounted.

"What were you doing!? You almost ran us over! Look at Starlight! He almost had a heart attack!" yelled Carole at Lisa's mother.

"I'm sorry. I really am," Lisa said softly.

"You shouldn't have been riding over here in the first place! What were you thinking!?" Yelled Mrs. Atwood to Carole.

"Come on, Stevie. We have to go calm the horses down," said Carole in a nasty, mad voice, softly.

They took their horse's lead ropes and left without another word to them.

When they left, Lisa told her mother softly, "You could've at least said Sorry. So much for a good impression."

"What?" her mother asked.

"Nothing, mom."

They got in their car and started driving again.