The most precious bean

Start from the beginning

Eventually he opened the last present from me.  It was a bunch of new sheet music of all his favorite songs.  Along with new seed packets of new plants for him to grow.  I made sure I found ones he's never grown before. 

We had one last present for him from the both of us.  Evan gasped when he opened it up.  Inside was a scrap book of sorts that's Quinn put together.

Inside was a couple pages worth of pictures of just Quinn and Evan.  Beautiful flowers were drawn around the edges.  Little keepsakes like Polaroid photos, ticket stubs, and dried flowers were taped to the pages.  There were beautiful drawings of Evan and Quinn. 

After those pages, there were photos of me.  Lots of the three of us together.  Drawings of me got added too.  The paper that I wrote my phone number down on that I gave them.  The rest of the book was empty, waiting to be filled with more memories.

Quinn and I put a lot of effort into this.  But then Evan started crying a bit.  They were happy tears and he hugged us both tightly and gave us kisses.

"Best birthday ever,"  Evan said happily, holding tightly to us.  "I love you both so much."

~•~

"It has to be perfect!"  I yelled at everyone, making Quinn flinch.  I quickly pulled him in for a hug and a kiss.  "Sorry baby."  I mumbled in his ear, letting him nuzzle into my neck.

"What do you expect us to do?!"  Roman yelled back.  "We can't fucking reach the ceiling!"

I looked up again at the foyer ceiling.  No one was tall enough to reach up there.  We're getting ready for Evan's surprise party since today is his birthday. 

"I don't appreciate that language in my house,"  Ophelia said, glaring at Roman. 

"He can say whatever the fuck he wants,"  Asura countered.

"No,"  Ophelia argued.  "If my baby picks up on that language I'm going to cry."

"Evan is strictly against swearing,"  I assured her.  "Much like Patton and Emile."

"Good,"  Ophelia sniffed. 

"Okay someone pick up one of the beans so they can hang up the streamers,"  Remy said, obviously getting annoyed. 

"They're all gone,"  Virgil reminded him.  "Patton and Emile are making sure Evan doesn't come back home before we're done setting up Evan's surprise party."

"Umm...imma stop ya right there babes,"  Remy said, putting a hand up.  "Quinn's still here."

"I'm not a bean,"  Quinn argued, shrinking into himself.

"Soft, tiny, gentle, shy and a bottom,"  Remus said, counting on his fingers.  "You're a bean."

Quinn just blushed heavily and shrunk into his sweater.  He held his hands up to his chest as if in a defensive way but it just showed his sweater paws. 

"Now that's the kind of talk I don't appreciate in house,"  Asura said this time.  "I understand that you're all gay, horny, teenage boys but none of that."

Everyone burst into laughter at that, except Logan.  He just sighed and rolled his eyes.  Ophelia however just gave Remus a strange smile that said she knew something. 

I picked Quinn up and sat him on my shoulders.  Remy handed him the roll of streams. 

With shaky hands, Quinn started taping the streams to the ceiling.  Everyone else dispersed now that the streamer situation had been taken care off.

Everything except the streamers were ready.  Cake.  Presents.  Balloons.  Everyone was here. 

"Done,"  Quinn said.  I helped him done from my shoulders.  Then I just held him tightly.

"I love you,"  I mumbled, kissing the side of his head.  "I love Evan.  I love you two so much."

"Love you too,"  He mumbled back, a soft smile on his face.

"Evan's back!"  Yelled Roman from the living room.  Quinn flinched at the yell.

"It's okay,"  I told him, hugging him a little tighter. 

"I know, I'm sorry,"  Quinn mumbled. 

"Don't apologize,"  I told him, spinning him around so that I could give him a kiss.  "Now come on, its time to celebrate Evan's birthday."

"Lets go,"  He said, a small smile gracing his lips. 

We ran to the front door where everyone else was waiting.  We made it just in time.  I could here Evan, Emile and Patton talking outside the door. Then the door opened and Evan stepped in.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVAN!" We all screamed.

Evan squealed and jumped back in shock but then quickly started laughing. He ran into Quinn and I's embrace before giving everyone hugs.

"Thank you guys so much?" He finally said with a huge smile.

"You're very welcome," Roman said. "Only the best for the youngest in our group." Evan pouted at that but laughed a little.

"I'm not little anymore," Evan argued jokingly. "I'm the same age as you."

"Ya sure about the not being little anymore thing?" Remy asked, putting an arm on Evan's head.

Evan just huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. We all laughed a little. But then Patton went over and pushed Remy away.

"Leave Evan alone," Patton scolded him with a smile. "It's his birthday."

"Can we open presents now?" Evan asked excitedly bouncing on his feet.

"Of course Buttercup," I laughed, picking him up. When I walked past Quinn, I picked him up too.

I carried the two of them into the living room and sat them on the couch. Then I plopped down on Evan's other side.

Everyone gathered around.  Logan and Patton sat in one of the arm chairs.  Virgil sat next to Quinn, Roman sitting on the floor in front of him.  Remy sat down on the floor, sitting Emile in his lap. 

I handed Evan the present from Virgil.  Inside was a new hoodie.  It was an AmazingPhil hoodie but it was white with little plants on it. 

Evan thanked Virgil and I handed him the present from Logan.  Inside was a book about types of succulents and how to care for them.

The next was from Patton.  It had a white cat onesie inside.  The one was Remy was a pretty journal for writing sheet music.  The one from Emile was a little bunny plushie. 

The one from Roman had a bunch of Disney movies.  His reasoning was that Evan is a Disney princess and these would help prove it.

The present from Remus was a pretty new skirt.  It was a pink tulle skirt that Evan instantly went to put on. 

Evan looked very beautiful in it.  I instantly pulled him down into my lap and attacked him with kisses. 

"So what's it like finally being eighteen?"  I asked him.

"Amazing,"  Evan laughed with a huge smile.