Chapter 1

Driving into the small town of Mystic falls was a bore. My annoying farther rambling the whole way here isn't the greatest way to put a girl in a good mood. Anger floods through me as I glance over to my dad, who's tapping his hands on the steering wheel along with the beat of this terrible song.

It annoys me how he can be so...normal.

My Mom would of never moved me. She would of stuck out all the hurt and pain of losing my dad just so i could attempt to have at least a normal life.

But shes not here, because she died, another stupid animal attack took her from us. My dad couldn't handle the 'horrible memories' that where left in my old town. So here i am, stuck with my dad until i can leave for collage.

But the truth is, he had a serious case of depression and it was literally killing him to stay.

As we drive through the town we pass groups of people. Everyone lookes so happy, smiling and laughing with friends, no one notices the big red car with the new girl with it passing them. It makes me sick. How come everyone else gets to be happy but I'm stuck here, in a town i don't know, with a farther who cares more about forgetting my mom then helping me get over her death.

I hate it here, I decide quickly.

We drive through the town and end up pulling into a driveway of a stunning little house, with two either side all evened out perfectly. They even have a front little garden and a white porch with a stunning blue swing.

Sighing i hop out of the car before my dad starts making small talk with me.

I'm so mad at him. He made me give up my life, my childhood memories, my Friends I've known forever and to top it all of my mom wasn't here to help me through it. But there's nothing i can do about that now is there? Just smile and wave. Pretend. Afterall thats what us Gilberts are good at.

Yep, Im a gilbert. Witch means i come as a package deal, Ive got the journals, ive got the name, hell ive even got a dead mother to match with the horrors of mysic falls.

Taking in my street i notice someone looking out of the window staring Down at me...

Not even telling my dad where I'm going i head out to what i think was the town. I get a coffee and observe everyone in front of me. I see people opening doors with big smiles on there faces and laughing at something the guy on the counter said.

Okay, no one can be this happy right? Or is it just the fact that i am so sad? I know my dads sad to, and i probably should be easier on him but i just cant. I lost my mom, my beautiful, caring mother and i should be aloud to grieve in my own home and not some house that my dads bought.

I snap out of my thoughts when a man knocks into me causing my coffee to spill all over my white top my mom got me for my 16th birthday.

"Dude!" I exclaim looking down at my now ruined top. "Please tell me this isn't happening" I whisper to myself rubbing at my shirt and then finally looking up to glare at the stranger who got a memory of my mother covered in coffee.

And Oh my god. I have never seen anybody so sexy in my whole life. His blue eyes shining out as he stands with a small smirk on his perfect face. Snapping out of it I realise I'm supposed to be mad so I send him a quick glare.

"Oops..Sorry about that..?" his charming voice trails of obviously wondering what my name is.

"Ebony Gilbert" I sigh as I take another glance at my shirt.

"Ebony Gilbert..hmm," My name rolls of his tong like music but I don't miss the strange look he gives me "What a beatiful name.." Trailing of he sends a cocky smirk my way "I can replace that" he chuckles down at me forcing a smile to come onto my face.

"Its fine, I didn't like it anyways" i lie through my teeth and hope he doesn't notice, I think he does as he cocks his perfectly shaped eyebrow up to me, yet doesn't say anything.

"Well at least let me get you another coffee?" Is a hot, attractive obviously cocky guy asking me out? I notice some girls glaring at my in envy. Yay new friends.

"Another time maybe...I need to go home and unpack, I've just moved here" I sigh realizing that I've probably just blown the best date ever.

"Okay, I'm done with being nice and you playing hard to get" He looks deep into my eyes and speaks in a monotone voice. "Answer all my questions honestly. Now, why are you here?" His question shocks me and I fine myself answering the question, even when I don't want to

"My mom died, and my dad couldn't handle the memories, so we moved here." My answer is short but I get straight to the horrible truth. His hard sexy face softens as I say this, probably feeling sorry for me. Ripping my eyes away from his I glare at my feet.

"I didn't want to tell you that" I say annoyed that I let a hot stranger in.

"Oh well, I have that effect on people" Smirking down to me I look away not wanting to meet his gaze. "Nice meeting you Ebony Gilbert" and to my complete amazement he takes my cold hand in his and kisses it softly..blushing I pull my hand away and look at my feet. Finding the courage to look up i notice he has gone...yet his voice still echos in my head.

"Goodbye.."