"I remember, too." I jump, my heart racing. I turn around and see Mikey and Elena walking in. "I remember how happy he was with you. Down hill is an understatement though."

"I'm sorry, Mikey, I didn't.. What did I do for him to do this to himself?"

"Maybe you should look back at everything you did a few days before he tried. He loves you, and you basically ignored him." Mikey walks over to Frank and puts a hand on his arm.

"I was thinking," I say, giving a pathetic excuse. I didn't need to think, as I've said before, I knew exactly what my answer was. Why wouldn't I say yes? Definitely not because of that girl.

"Whatever. We came here to pick you up, let's go." He walks away and down the hall.

I stand and go next to Frank. I lean down and kiss his cheek, "Don't wake up without me," I whisper. It is selfish, but I want nothing more than to be here when he wakes up.

*

We're in music, discussing our music projects. Mr. Peters is telling us how much he liked them and anything he thinks we could work on.

We walk on stage, Frank and Ray with their guitars, Mikey with his bass, and Bob with his drum sticks. I take my place at the mic and look around the crowd, then behind me at my new friends and brother.

Bob counts us off and we start with Bulletproof Heart, all of us doing an amazing job. I sing my heart out and try not to think of any bad thing that could happen.

"Away from here...." I sing out the last lyrics and wait as the music fades out.

The class applauds us, some of them smiling, some of them not. I smile, too, loving how it all went.

And just like we went over, we play Frank's song next, I'm Not Okay (I Promise). At the right time, I come in, belting out the lyrics my ex-boyfriend wrote. "Well, if you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say.." The sing continues like that, flowing perfectly, nothing going wrong, all of us enjoying ourselves. One thing happens though, something that didn't happen during rehearsals. "Because I'm telling you the truth, I'm mean this, I'm okay!"