Chapter 1 - Another Holmes

Start from the beginning

"Well what's the fun in doing what you're told?" Came her muffled voice from inside her hoodie as she pulled it over her head.

"Some of us must." He replied.

"Like you would have fun even if you had the choice." She laughed. Sherlock smirked before saying, "So why have you really?"

"Because I was too smart." She said it like it was a simple fact. "It was pointless, I knew it all and I got bored." Sherlock face darkened at her words.

"Definitely related to you."

"She's related to you too." Sherlock glared back.

"It's like watching Tweedledee and Tweedledum. I'll let you argue amongst yourself about who's who." She said, with a half-smile and a raised eyebrow. Sherlock and Mycroft. Both gave each other a look which quite clearly said; "You're Tweedledum" before moving into the kitchen.

"What are we going to do?" Sherlock asked.

"Well I do not see why she cannot go back?"

"She was bored. You haven't seen her when she gets bored. We're lucky she came here."

"You seem to understand her quite well, she can stay here."

"She's a seventeen-year-old girl and I'm a detective who gets shot at." Sherlock protested.

"A perfect match." Mycroft said, returning to where Lizzie was now curled up on the sofa, fast asleep. "Well we cannot disturb her now." Mycroft said.

"But-" But Mycroft was already halfway down the stairs. He only paused for a second to call up. "I'll let mother know what's going on."

John walked in early the next morning. He'd had yet another argument with his most recent girlfriend. Desperate for a cup of tea, John trudged through the living room, throwing his keys down on the table. He stopped suddenly in his tracks. A young girl was asleep on the sofa. She looked around seventeen, her long eyelashes fluttering in her sleep. John backed into the kitchen still staring at the mysterious girl.

It wasn't until Sherlock said, "You're back early." He even noticed there was someone else in the room. Jumping, John turned to face Sherlock who was glaring at the burns in the table. "Yeah I know." Then with a pause he carried on. "Sherlock, do you know there's a girl asleep on our sofa?"

"Yes John, I think I would notice if a girl was on our sofa."

"Okay, okay." John said, rolling his eyes. Sherlock was too much first thing in the morning. "But why?"

"Why what? Why is she asleep or why is she on the sofa?"

"Why is she on the sofa? And who is she?" Many possible answers filled John's head: a client, Mrs Hudson's niece. He was not, however, prepared for Sherlock's next words.

"She's my sister and I believe that'll answer both questions." There was a stunned silence before John stammered "Your ssister?"

"Yes, my sister." Sherlock said, oblivious of the magnitude to the news he'd given.

"You have a sister?"

"Yes, and she's asleep on the sofa. I did just say that." Sherlock said, looking at John. There was an awkward pause before Sherlock went back to staring at the table. "I didn't know you had a sister." John said, trying to alert Sherlock that he needed more information.

"Really Sherlock? You didn't mention me once? Now you've hurt my feelings." Neither Sherlock nor John said anything, they both just looked at Lizzie's fake pout. "Well since Sherlock's not going to introduce me." She gave him a scorning look before turning to John, holding out her hand. "Hey, I'm Elizabeth Holmes but everyone calls me Lizzie."

"Huh?" John said. He wasn't paying attention. Lizzie had come as a shock to him, extremely bouncy and smiley she was unlike any Holmes he'd met before. Finally, John managed to focus enough to stutter. "Oh John, John Watson." And shake her hand.

"It's nice to finally meet you John Watson." She said, smiling again.

Then she went over to Sherlock. Wrapping both arms around his shoulders she embraced him in an awkward hug. Sherlock rolled his eyes but accepted the hug, patting her hands. John had to bury a laugh at the strange sight. "Be nice Sherlock." Lizzie whispered in his ear.

"I'm always nice." He muttered back. Rolling her eyes Lizzie released Sherlock. Next to each other John could see the similarities between the siblings. Both had dark wavy hair that framed a face with green eyes and ridiculously high cheek bones. "Well I'm going to have a shower. She turned on the spot and started to leave the room.

Reaching the doorway, she called over her shoulder. "Sherlock, I think John would like a cup of tea he can't sleep on a sofa as well as I can." Sherlock's head flipped back to John. He noticed the bags under his eyes and the way he stood slightly hunched. Without removing his glassy eyes from John, he nodded. Then Lizzie left the room and his eyes snapped up, normal Sherlock returned in three words. "Don't trust her."

"Huh, what?" said John, who had been sleepily thinking about how nice a cup of tea would be.

"Elizabeth. Don't trust her." Sherlock repeated. "She conceals, only lets you see what you want. Acts childish but is stronger than you think. She's a woman with knowledge way past her years hidden inside a seventeen-year-old girl. And that," he sighed, rubbing his temple. "That makes her dangerous." John stared his mouth opening and closing, speechless.