"Why are you smiling?" Rebekah asked, coming to stand beside me.

"I love reading inscriptions......yes I know....strange. Jeremy and Elena make fun of me all the time."

"This one is sweet, he deeply cared for his Mary." She said.

I turned to her with a raised brow.

"What? You think you are the only one who likes reading inscriptions?" she gave me a small smile.

"Just didn't think you would too."

"Well you don't know me as well as you think you do." She shrugged.

I nodded, she was right, I didn't know her, and she turned to me with a smile.

"Kol likes reading them too."

I got home Elena, Stefan and Damon waiting for me.

"What did Barbie-Klaus want?" Damon asked.

"Nothing that concerns you." I replied.

"Jords. She tried to kill me." Elena said, folding her arms. I could see the hurt in her eyes. She thought I was choosing Rebekah over her.

"Elena, I love you, but Rebekah and I just talked about girlie things. You weren't even mentioned."

"I find that hard to believe." Damon muttered.

"Jordan just be careful. She is using you." Stefan warned.

I narrowed my eyes. good cop, bad cop routine. I went to walk upstairs before pausing on the steps.

"Thanks for letting Jeremy get killed again today. I felt that one." I sneered the last part and walked into his room. My heart hurt with seeing his body lying too still on his bed. I walked over, gently lifting his head into my lap and waited for him to wake up. An hour later he gasped, scaring the living daily lights out of me.

"What happened?" he asked me.

"I....don't....know?" I offered him.

He was on his feet, pacing in front of the bed before he turned to me.

"How did you..." He trailed off.

"I always know Jeremy. I can feel it here..." I laid my good hand flat over my heart and gave him a sad smile. "I always feel it." My voice broke.

"It was Kol."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Kol snapped my neck. He snapped Damon and Stefan's too in order to kidnap Elena."

"Jeremy.." I tried to cut him off.

"No, Jordan. I'm not lying to you anymore."

"Did he..." I trailed off. There was no way Kol would have known that Jeremy would come back to life.

"He stayed with me, saying he wanted to see the Gilbert ring in action."

"So, he knew?" I asked feeling a little relieved.

"Yeah, he was asking about the other ring, mentioning he didn't see it on you and wanted to know who else had it."

"Did you tell him?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes. He just gave Kol another person to hurt over and over again.

"I didn't see the point in lying to him." Jeremy shrugged.

He was right. He was a 1000 year old vampire who had seen more then I could ever imagine in my life. He would know the second you lied to him. I nodded in deep thought.

"Jordan?" Jeremy's voice filtered through my ears. I turned to him quickly. "Stay away from him."

"I was planning on it." I smiled at him.

"Good." Jeremy walked over kissing my forehead. He went to the door.

"The Salvatore's are downstairs."

He stopped and shut his door closed. I grinned. Jeremy hated them here as much as I did. It was like they moved in here 6 days a week. We understood that this place was safe because no other vampire had been invited in apart from Caroline and the brothers. It was just that this was our family home and more and more it felt like that was including the Salvatore's. Yet it seemed death always followed to those who weren't apart of their plans or if someone went against Elena. I rubbed my heart, remembering Vicki, Matt's younger sister. I remember Caroline being human and Tyler not being a Hybrid. I remember aunt Jenna and Uncle John. Death just seemed to follow them closely and I was terrified that it would take Jeremy next.