Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

           “Hn.” Sasuke hung up, promising to call when he had news.

           The thought of Melanie in his shower didn’t take Naruto’s mind the route it usually would have. He stood up, pacing his living room as thoughts of the camera in her bathroom and bedroom plagued him. His gut told him they weren’t camera’s to make sure they were following the rules.

           “Naruto, don’t you own a brush?” Melanie’s voice drifted from the bathroom.

           “Er…” Naruto answered, jolted out of his thoughts. He racked his brain trying to remember where he placed the comb Sakura had bought for him. He searched his room finally finding it as a place marker in a comic book. He brought it to Melanie as she came out of the bathroom; his shirt hung loosely on her, she looked adorable. “Here,” he said handing holding out the comb.

           Melanie eyed the comb suspiciously before running it through her hair. Naruto sat back on the couch beckoning for her to join him. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. He buried his face in her hair inhaling the scent of his shampoo.  

           “Do you miss them?”

           Naruto pulled away from Melanie to look in the direction she was nodding. On a side table, one of the few things not cluttered with trash, was a framed picture of his parents - another gift from Sakura. Naruto’s heart clenched as he stared at the picture.

           “Every day.”

           “It had to be lonely.”

           “Nah!” Naruto said brightly shifting so he could rest his head on top of Melanie’s. “I had Sasuke and Sakura then there was Kakashi…” Naruto trailed off warmth replacing the emptiness he had felt earlier. It had been rocky at first but the people in his life made up for the indescribable moments alone.

           Naruto told Melanie a few of the funny moments from his life including the time where Kakashi tied him to a pole and how he accidently kissed Sasuke when they were younger. Eventually they settled into a game of twenty questions.

           “What’s your favorite color?”

           “That’s easy, orange!” Naruto said. “What’s your greatest fear?”

           “Being separated from the ones I love.”

           “Aww you love me,” Naruto teased.

           Melanie looked away, cheeks burning. Naruto felt his stomach clench but not in an unpleasant way. He had meant for it to be a teasing remark but something in her reaction made him wonder.

           “Do you love me?”

           Melanie sat silent for a moment and Naruto waited for her to collect her thoughts. “I don’t know. I definitely really like you,” She said flicking his nose. “Why else would I put up with such a knucklehead?”

           Naruto cringed. “I think you’ve been hanging out with Sasuke too much.” Melanie went to respond but her words turned into a large yawn. “Time to get you to bed.” Naruto scooped her up into her arms carrying her into his bedroom.

           He set her on her feet, pulling the covers back for her. “Well aren’t you attentive?”

           Naruto shrugged before pulling the covers over her shoulder. He discarded his shirt, finding a pair of shorts to change into. He turned off the light about to join Melanie when he heard his phone buzzing in the other room. Unease made his footsteps heavy as he rushed to grab the phone. He managed to pick it up before Sasuke had hung up.

           “Hello?” His throat felt tight and his palms started sweating.

           “You need to get over here and see what’s on these tapes.” 

************

3k views, 175 votes, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. 

0_0
I'm so sorry. 
I've been super busy with work. 

But that's no excuse! 
Also the newest happenings with the Naruto fandom kind of threw off my groove. 

Comments, votes, reads always appreciated!