Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 24

Kabuto knew that Melanie had been acting weird. The charges on her credit card, coming home late, acting overly suspicious. She was precious to think that she could do anything that he wouldn't be aware of, that these little acts of rebellion would phase him. Kabuto wondered, for a brief moment, if Melanie was going to try to leave him again. He thought of the look of pure regret on her face after he had forced her to send that email to the college dean about her best friend. No, she wouldn't dare.

Then again, Melanie never ceased to stop surprising him.

Kabuto's brow furrowed, thinking of the last conversation he had with Melanie and the words she'd so carelessly thrown at him. Letting Naruto partake in any part of her, is what landed them in this situation in the first place.

Someone who doesn't love you and won't sleep with you.

The pen in Kabuto's hand snapped. This was wrong, all of it was wrong. When he made his move to whisk Melanie away to their dream life, his vision of their time together was anything but this.

Their cat and mouse game had been cute at first but now Kabuto was ready for things to progress. The stolen kisses, sleeping next to her, watching from afar the long showers she would take...all of it was surface level things. He wanted everything she had to offer. He wanted to be the cause of the soft moans spilling from her subtle lips, not the shower head. He wanted to see the way her face would light up when he got home and spend all his free time memorizing every detail of her naked body from up close, not from strategically hidden cameras.

Kabuto looked at his hands, remembering the feel of Melanie's warm skin against them. She had been standing there, ready for the taking and he had been so close to sliding his hands up to her breasts and feeling them in his palms. His hands ached, missing the feeling of something just out of reach.

There had never been a problem Kabuto couldn't solve and this would be no different. Solving problems and coming out victorious was one of the things he did best. He needed to think about this like a test he was running.

Test 1: Kabuto tested the theory of taking Melanie as far away as he could from Naruto which didn't provide the outcome he was hoping for.

Test 2: Kabuto tested the theory of giving Melanie the freedom of roaming town, making friendships, staying in communication with her family and that hadn't worked.

The second test, the freedom, is what landed them where they are now. Her independence fueled her confidence. There had been a few times where Melanie had deliciously defied him, looked at him with those captivating eyes, begging to be dominated into submission. The only test he hadn't conducted was taking what he wanted over and over until she desired only him.

But Kabuto didn't want it that way.

He wanted her to willingly give herself to him. To willingly allow him to take her to the peak of pleasure. He wanted her to finally choose him over holding onto Naruto.

Test 3: Break the hold Naruto holds over Melanie.

Kabuto threw away his broken pen and pulled out a new one. Although it had been a rather frustrating workday, due to someone else's failed experiments, Kabuto felt the familiar excitement that came with his brain plotting. He wanted to get his reports done and get back home.Test 3 was one he was eager to see unfold.

Someone knocked on the door and Kabuto called out for them to enter. He smelt her perfume before her blonde hair came into view. This was the third time this week. Kabuto thought the woman's persistence was annoying, not admirable. "Seth's office is three doors down to the left."