Paranoia || Naruto Uzumaki || Chapter 11

It's weird to think that I started this story a year ago. I'm sad that I'm not further along  but good news is I haven't given up on it yet.           

Thank you all for the votes, reads and comments! 

I'm so sorry this chapter came out so late but I had to rewrite it several times and I finally got it right. 

Comments, votes and reads all appreciated C: 

*****************************************

          Naruto took a deep breath, relishing in the feel of the cold air against his sweaty skin. He leaned against a lamppost stretching out his legs. His head bobbed along with the song blaring in his ears. Sasuke waited impatiently next to him, ready to resume their run. Naruto loved and hated having Sasuke as a running buddy. The arrogant raven pushed him to run faster and longer distances but he also dragged Naruto out of bed at sinful hours.

           Sasuke made an impatient gesture, setting off at a quick jog. Naruto watched him for a second wondering if he could sneak off back to bed without Sasuke knowing. As if hearing his thoughts, Sasuke glared at Naruto over his shoulder. With a sigh he resumed his run matching this steps to the beat of the song playing. When he caught up to Sasuke, the boy gave him a challenging smile before running faster.

           Naruto grinned, putting on a burst of speed. He refused to be out done. The two ran till they reached the outskirts of Kohona. Sasuke held up a hand and Naruto thankfully came to a halt beside him. Both were panting and the cold air did nothing to cool their bodies. Naruto noted with satisfaction that the usually well put together Uchiha was sweating as much as he was.

           They watched as the sun finished rising over the horizon. The sun hit the monuments of the previous Mayors, as well as the current one; Melanie’s grandfather.

           “How’s it been staying with Melanie?”

           Naruto gave Sasuke a blank stare, seeing the boy’s mouth move but unable to hear him. He pulled out his ear buds as Sasuke asked again. “It’s fine. Not quite what I was expecting.”

           He saw Sasuke smirk out of the side of his eye. “Not grand enough for you?”

           Naruto shook his head. “The opposite actually.” Naruto had only been staying with Melanie for a few days but already the extravagance of her house had him missing his apartment. While the bed in the guest room he was using blew his own out of the ballpark, he didn’t know why there had to be so many throw pillows. Then there was the issue with the bidet or simply put, the toilet.  Naruto preferred the simple go-and-flush of his toilet to one he had to press all the buttons just to get it to flush. Melanie had explained to him how to work the controls but he still didn’t understand why he needed the toilet to spray water at him.

           Then there was the rule Melanie’s parents imposed on them.

           “I feel like I can’t properly kiss her without her parents some how figuring out.”

           Sasuke chuckled, rolling his eyes at the blonde. “Don’t over exaggerate. It’s not like they have camera’s stashed all over.”

           “I thought the same thing.”

           “You’re a moron.”

           “Maybe, but I respect her parents.”

           They stood in silence for a few minutes before jogging back into town. They stopped by Space Jam for a quick breakfast. It was incredibly busy, the line reaching out the door. When they finally made it inside, Naruto eagerly scanned the crowd hoping to spot Melanie.