Snow Storms And Hot Cocoa

Start from the beginning

"I figured I might be attacked. To be honest I was expecting more than one demon to try." I responded.

"They might have thought you were weak from the flight. I guess they didn't get the memo that Royal dragons are still quite strong, even after the long flight. He was trying to kill you but wasn't trying hard enough and he failed." Lee mused.

"I'm also different from the others." I added. Lee grinned.

"Yes, you are. More stamina to burn, and the cold only feeds into that." Lee said as he smirked. I grinned and nodded. The plus side about being an Ice dragon, my body absorbs the cold like a sponge. And because of that I'm able to regain my strength a lot faster than other dragons. It was why my brothers didn't like playing tag with me in the winter months. They use to say I cheated, it wasn't my fault the cold helped chase them down. Remembering those times made me chuckle.

"It's always been a plus for me, though not so much for others." I said as I chuckled again. Lee chuckled as well.

"Then.. I guess we should start preparing to leave. It will take a bit, I'll show you to the room you can stay in till everything's in order." Lee said. "Nadia, Glen. Keep me posted of anything else please." He added as he looked at the two demons. They stood and nodded then turned to me and bowed slightly. I nodded at them and watched them leave the room. Lee motioned for me to follow. "Come, let me show you to that room." He said as he walked out of his office, I followed behind as he made his way down a hall and through what seemed like a kitchen. Down another short hall that led to a back staircase, unlike the front foyer that had a rather elegant and large staircase.

He led me to a room with a bed, two bedside tables, a dresser, a connected bathroom. It was cozy. I like it.

"Nice." I said out loud as Lee set the bag I brought with me down on the floor.

"It's not much, but you'll be warm at night and there's food in the kitchen so, help yourself." He added- "I'll let you settle in, you should get some rest and we'll talk more later. Hopefully figure out how to explain this to everyone else who needs to know." He chuckled a bit as he spoke. I nodded and he left, closing the door behind him. I removed the warmer clothing Lee provided me with and pulled out something else to change into. I headed into the bathroom for a shower before my nap, even if I recovered quicker... I was still exhausted from the flight.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(Ruby's POV)

I was just getting comfy in the big comfy chair in the common area when Lee entered the room. I pulled my earbuds out and looked at him suspiciously. I noted his blue haired partner in crime was nowhere to be seen.

"Ruby." He said softly with a smile.

"Oh don't give me that... I'm in no mood for it." I replied to the look of hope he had in his eyes. I have no fucking clue why he was looking at me like that but I figured it's best to shut that shit down before it becomes a habit.

"I was going to ask you how you've been doing. You shut yourself away for a while and only Amethyst and Emerald were able to see you. Citrine and Peri as well as myself and the others got worried." He crouched down next to me, I may or may not have instantly pouted. I wasn't a child but... Lee was the only father figure in my life, he had this way of making me feel like a spoiled child and it kind of annoyed me yet oddly gave me a nice feeling of family. Hell of the Gems made me feel like I was finally part of a family.... Maybe that's why I was so pissed now that three of them were whisked away to some unknown place. "You can't shut us out like that. It's no good for anyone, especially you." He added as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to get me to open up.