Fundamental Business is Very Strong

Darren Huston-

We're really proud of the third quarter we exceeded expectations across the board are still high, 20 percent growth on the top line

We're really proud of the third quarter we exceeded expectations across the board are still high, 20 percent growth on the top line. And the bottom line, she was the biggest quarter in the Priceline Group's history. It's our biggest quarter during the year. And as we guided towards Q4, probably the biggest issue we have is the euro exchange rate. That's not something we can control. It will go up and down.

But it's important that people know that most of our money is earned overseas and the dollar in particular has been very strong. But also, we wanted to be prudent in the way that we look at the upcoming season, as we always are each quarter. And that's part of how we'd like to keep a track record of over delivering to investors. And this was another one of those quarters.

Simon –

Darren, you seem to have the analysts with you that the structural growth story of the business is intact

Darren, you seem to have the analysts with you that the structural growth story of the business is intact. It's just those external forces. But then if you read what the CFO, Euille CFO actually said on the conference call, he said, given that you the largest player in online travel quote, we look at it as the law of large numbers.

So generally we expect the business to decelerate given the size of it. That would suggest that you have a more fundamental problem that you need to tackle.

Darren Huston-

Yeah No, I don't think so at all, Simon

Yeah No, I don't think so at all, Simon. The business is fundamentally very sound. I mean, we'll do over 50 billion dollars in transactions this year. And if it is growing at the speed that we're growing, it's amazing and phenomenal.

We're always fighting the law of large numbers. I mean, we grew more on an absolute basis this year than any year in the history of the company. And next year will be another one of that kind of year.

So that's the law of large numbers is really just we're getting bigger. But the fundamental business is very strong and we continue to produce both the top and bottom line and are very proud of that. Every market we're in, we're taking market share across the board.

All of the six businesses in the Priceline Group are growing successful. They're becoming big brands each in their own right. And we couldn't be happier about where we are today.