No!

"Thank you," Ally answers. "Can we have just one more moment?"

"Sure," The nurse says before leaving.

I turn my attention back to Alex and grasp his hand in mine. "I don't want to leave him," I say.

I'm afraid to leave him.

Ally rubs my back, "I know honey, but you have to. You can come back tomorrow, just like the nurse said."

"What if something happens and I'm not here?"

She sighs, "He's in good hands."

"What if he wakes up and I'm not here?"

I don't care what anyone says. There is still that chance.

"Fallon," Ally draws.

I sigh and hang my head. "I was planning on telling him how much I loved him," I admit, keeping my head down.

I knew I loved him, but I didn't know how much until now.

"You love him?" My head snaps up at the sound of Clair's voice.

Aside from her attire. She looks a mess. Her hair is untidy, her nose is red and her eyes are swollen.

I clear my throat. "I thought you left!?" I ask, ignoring her question.

She nods and steps further into the room. "I did," she says, looking at Alex. "I just stopped by to say goodnight."

I stand and lean over to kiss Alex on his forehead. "We were just leaving," I tell her, running my fingers through his hair.

Leaving him is hard.

"You don't have to leave because of me," she says taking me by surprise.

This is new waters.

Ally looks at her strangely. She knows that Clair can't stand the sight of me. "The nurse actually kicked us out," Ally informs her.

"Oh." She sounds, disappointed!?

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Grant."

As I'm walking past her, she grabs my hand, stopping me. "I'm sorry," her voice cracks. "I'm so sorry."

My heart leaped into my throat. I'm stunned. I never thought in a million years that I would ever hear those words come out of her mouth.

I didn't notice a tear had fallen until she wiped it away.

She releases my hand and smiles softly. "I'll see you tomorrow, Fallon," she says and walks to Alex's bedside.

I don't know how I managed to do it; leaving him like that, but I did.

Ally parks her car in front of my apartment and we both get out. I dig through my purse for my keys and unlock the door.

Ally kicks on the kitchen light and opens the kitchen cabinet next to the refrigerator, she pours three Ibuprofen in her hand and hands them to me. "You're going to need these," she tells me.

"Thank you."

She has no idea how happy I am that she's here.

She hands me a glass of water. "Now let's get you to bed," she says and ushers me up the steps. "I'll call Ray in the morning and let him know what's going on."

I stay silent. Bed and work are the least of my worries right now.

Once in my room, Ally opens my dresser drawer and pulls out a T-shirt and sweatpants. She tosses them on the bed, instructs me to get changed, and walks out of the room, towards the bathroom.

I pop the pill in my mouth and down the glass of water. By the time Ally made it back to my room, I was already clothed and lying in bed. She shuts off the light and climbs in beside me.

"Thanks for being here."

"Will you stop thanking me?" She snaps. "Did you really think that I was going to let you deal with this on your own?" She sounds offended. "It is my duty as your best friend to make sure that you are okay."

I smile briefly to myself.

"You are always there for me when I need you, Fallon. Please let me be there for you."

Those words, those words right there are what made me crumble. I cry out in pain and frustration. I'm angry that he's lying in a hospital fighting for his life.

"I should have been there," I whimper.

Ally's arms wrap around me like a mother guarding her child, "Don't say that. Don't you dare say that," she sobs into my hair. "If you were there, things could have been a lot worse."

I don't know how long Ally held me or how long I cried. All I know is that I had the best support system in the world and knew right then and there that I would get through this.

Yes I know, I'm infamous for short chapters!

Still, I hope that you enjoyed it.

Please comment and don't forget to vote!

See y'all in the next chapter!