Chapter 32-Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Xiu Xiang! You vile demon! I shouldn't have taken you under my wing if I knew you were going to be like this!" came a familiar voice.

From the crowd came Master Feng Mian followed by Wang Yue and Yi Yan.

Xiu Xiang haven't seen those three in a while. Yi Yan and Wang Yue's eyes nearly popped out open when they saw her. They never imagined that Xiu Xiang would become so beautiful after all these years. Wang Yue felt his heart beat fast at the sight of her. If he had known how beautiful she would become, whether she was a waste or not, he wouldn't have tortured her so. Yi Yan's whole being couldn't even be compared to a single nail of Xiu Xiang's. He was so mesmerized he barely noticed Yi Yan's jealous glare. The vinegar eating girl pinched her lover's arm, snapping him back to reality.

"You take me under your wing? Wasn't I just an outlet for you to release your anger on after my real master had passed away?" Xiu Xiang sneered.

"How dare you?" Yi Yan stepped forward defiantly. "If it wasn't for Master, do you think you'd be alive right now?!"

"Alive? My life was over the day Feng Mian destroyed my spiritual core. As if that wasn't enough, he threw me to you pack of wolves like a piece of meat. I was ruthlessly beaten and tortured on a daily basis. The only reason why I didn't kill you all when I returned was because I didn't want to dirty my hands with filth," Xiu Xiang said.

"You--!" Yi Yan threw out her whip for an attack but Xiu Xiang easily caught the tip of the whip with one hand. She lightly tugged at the whip and Yi Yan was sent flying forward. Her other hand went straight for Yi Yan's smooth, thin neck, grasping it tightly.

She didn't even blink as she tightened her grip around Yi Yan's neck.

"I told Feng Mian to warn you and Wang Yue that if I should ever see you outside of Tian Ling Sect, I won't show any mercy. Now that I'm seeing you in front of me, I can't seem to get rid of my anger. I will you use as a reminder to the rest of these people here that I am not to be taken lightly," Xiu Xiang hissed. Despite her injury and depleting energy, she surged energy into her palm, scorching the smooth pale neck of Yi Yan's. Her screams filled the air sending a chill down everyone's spine. Soon her screams turned into feeble warbles.

When she could no longer make any noise, Xiu Xiang didn't give her a second glance as she tossed her back to the ground in front of Feng Mian.

The disciples from North Peak quickly went to form a protective circle around her as Feng Mian examined her injury. A flaming red hand print could be seen around Yi Yan's neck. Where the handprint touched, the skin seemed to have burned off, showing bits of muscles and tendons. Around the handprint were tiny fluid filled bubbles from the intense burn. Xiu Xiang didn't bat an eyelash when she set her own sibling disciple on fire. Everyone was shocked to the extreme. Xiu Xiang didn't even bat an eyelash when she burnt Yi Yan's neck.

"Sect Leader Lin, in return for unsealing the Cave of Inheritance, I will return to you your disciple," Xiu Xiang said.

"Don't do it, Brother!" Sect Leader Bai warned.

The look in Sect Leader Lin wavered as he looked at Wei Xing and then at the people around him. Seeing how Wei Xing didn't try to make a move, Sect Leader Lin feared that Wei Xing may have already started to lose himself to his inner demons.

He cared very deeply for his only disciple, but could he really outweigh his disciple's life over the thousands of innocent lives behind him?

Biting his lower lip, Sect Leader Lin had no choice but to sacrifice his only disciple.

"I'm sorry, Xing Er..." he muttered.

A loud laughter erupted again from Xiu Xiang. She should've known that Tian Ling Sect were a bunch of fools. At first she was going to use the pact seal formation as a peace offering, now it just seems foolish to even try.