17 | A lot of Baggage

A LOT OF BAGGAGE

A LOT OF BAGGAGE

A/N: Hi everyone! Sorry for not updating the past few days, I've been rly busy and I'm still NOT on vacay from college😩 Embrace yourselves bc the fun part is about to start - don't forget to vote and to comment ❤️ (unedited)

AUTHOR's POV

✘✘✘

GATHERING her three books from the book case inside her locker, Evren looked at her shoes hesitantly, deciding wether she should  lend her specialized art's teacher the painting she had just finished the night before, or simply make up an excuse for a change to restart it all over again.

She had never been a star at writing essays, science related classes gave her headaches, not to mention she hadn't been the fastest girl in school to race for the finish line whenever her sport's teacher prepared a coletive exercise.

So it was pretty evident to her - trying her shot on being an artsy, slightly creative individual was the only sane option she had, even though she doesn't like to mumble about it too much, keeping her hopes low and the heart on a shell.
Maybe this way she won't be too affected when she gets the first big "no" for her dreamy, fabulous upcoming future career.

Through the corner of her eye, she watches as vintage clothed Valerie smiles reacting to something her male, black-skin colored friend said. By the looks of it, she seemed ruffly happy, while exchanging thumbs with the retro guy.

The image of a younger, introvert Valerie pop up right away as Evren remembered the summer meetings they used to take at the town's Starbucks cafe, when Colber joining them usually after his practices. They formed a very uncommon group of friends, although it worked perfectly, a surprisingly balanced teenager trio.

It hurt realizing such memory was long forgotten in her mind up until now, long distanced from the recent reality she found herself in. Her jawline trembled as she gulped- without a doubt, things do change. For worse.

The loud environment around her was immediately replaced by silence, and a strange feeling of hesitance once someone came out from the gym arena, as the person furiously walked away from the doors after stumbling enraged against it. Evren couldn't notice who the person was, taking into account she was lost on her thoughts and her back was turned from any attention.

As soon as the corner of her eye laid on the exact figure, she looked down at her shoes and the force she applied on the lips gave the idea she was cursing to herself. It's not like she was doubting about the nature of her actions, or deliberately trying to put the blame on some else besides her, but maybe a tiny part of her wasn't too keen on being the reason behind somebody else's bad day.